Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried it? I've seen these dudes on YouTube using glue gun to change their brim material and replace their snaps. I mean it works for them, but it looks a hell of a lot better when it's sewn on IMO. I don't think there are enough people who know how to customize using a sewing machine (at least not on YT), and I could use a few pointers.

Here's a hat i did today. Opinions?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RelaxRelapse said:
I hope you know you can make a TON of money doing this.
You think? I'm hoping that one day I'd be confident enough to work with real snake skin and shit. Here's another hat I customized. Ignore the staples haha.

·
Registered
25,829 Posts
Reizl. said:
You think? I'm hoping that one day I'd be confident enough to work with real snake skin and shit.
Yeah for sure. Doing a limited run with custom bills is that unique type of thing that people look for. Doing 1 off customs could make you an even nicer chunk of change.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RelaxRelapse said:
Yeah for sure. Doing a limited run with custom bills is that unique type of thing that people look for. Doing 1 off customs could make you an even nicer chunk of change.
Wow, never realized that. Thanks for the input, I'll definitely try to make some kind of money off this once I get a little more confident. How much you think 1 would go for?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Philharmonic said:
I could see patterns like that becoming the new fad tbh. I think it's pretty dope.
Yeah, I love this fabric. It's actually a place mat I found at the thrift store haha.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Reizl. said:
Yeah, I love this fabric. It's actually a place mat I found at the thrift store haha.
So you just followed the pattern originally on the hat from the bottom and top? It seems like it would be kinda hard to get the part that connects the brim to the other part of the hat.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I gotta give props to JBF customs for inspiring me to do this. The guy makes MAD cash off his custom hats/shoes, but he also uses authentic leathers and shit, and has a 2000 dollar sewing machine....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Philharmonic said:
So you just followed the pattern originally on the hat from the bottom and top? It seems like it would be kinda hard to get the part that connects the brim to the other part of the hat.
It's a little difficult, definitely one of the things I need help with. I mark where the brim originally was before I take it apart, then sew it back on, but it doesn't turn out as clean as i want it to be.

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
Reizl. said:
It's a little difficult, definitely one of the things I need help with. I mark where the brim originally was before I take it apart, then sew it back on, but it doesn't turn out as clean as i want it to be.
inb4page2.

def cop bro. where you ship to?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Philharmonic said:
http://jbfcustoms.bigcartel.com/product/genuine-snakeskin-knicks-strapback

Dope af! That price tho :sadblu:
Yeah his work is amazing, but he charges A LOT.

1 - 20 of 366 Posts