Premium Member
110,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE: December 25,
UPDATE: December 24,
pt. said:
UPDATE: December 23,
UPDATE: December 21,
Sony is still exploring options for distribution. There have been a lot of conversations about the robustness of various systems to be able to make sure they're not hacked, if and when we put the movie out digitally. I think in general we need to bring together a coalition of platforms to make this operate properly
s
Sony only delayed this, Sony has been fighting to get this picture distributed. It will be distributed. How it's going to be distributed, I don't think anybody knows quite yet. But it's going to be distributed.
s
UPDATE: December 19: Obama makes a statement,
I love Seth and I love James.

meanwhile Kim Jong-un pictured having a ball with his A-list American supporters.
UPDATE, December 17:
Sony Pictures has no further release plans for the film
In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release. We respect and understand our partners' decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers.

Sony Pictures has been the victim of an unprecedented criminal assault against our employees, our customers, and our business. Those who attacked us stole our intellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale - all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like. We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public. We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.

Directed By: Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg
Written By: Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Dan Sterling
Starring: James Franco, Seth Rogen, Lizzy Caplan, Randall Park

In the action-comedy The Interview, Dave Skylark (James Franco) and his producer Aaron Rapoport (Seth Rogen) run the popular celebrity tabloid TV show "Skylark Tonight." When they discover that North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un is a fan of the show, they land an interview with him in an attempt to legitimize themselves as journalists. As Dave and Aaron prepare to travel to Pyongyang, their plans change when the CIA recruits them, perhaps the two least-qualified men imaginable, to assassinate Kim Jong-un.

·
Premium Member
110,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sky said:
That premise sounds fuckin' hilarious.

"It's about two journalists that try to assassinate the president of North Korea while interviewing him," Rogen told us at last night's premiere of his new movie This Is the End.

"It's Kim Jong-un," Rogen dished. "Literally King Jong-un in the movie. We figured it's North Korea, you might as well make it Kim Jong-un."

"James and Seth play reporters who get an interview with the dictator of North Korea and the CIA asks them to kill him," Rogen's Interview producer pal Evan Goldberg added. "They're going to play a-holes."

Source

·
Registered
74,640 Posts

·
Registered
34,522 Posts
Maan these guys just keep going and I love it. The genre is in good hands

·
Premium Member
110,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rogen and Franco playing assholes will be fun to watch, considering the story. :hah:

Rogen and Goldberg's working process is so organic.
Probably because of all that weed.
I mean the shit they keep coming up with is just terrific. I wonder who's going to play Kim Jong-un.
inbeforeheplayshimself

·
Premium Member
21,819 Posts
dorian_j said:
Rogen and Franco playing assholes will be fun to watch, considering the story. :hah:

Rogen and Goldberg's working process is so organic.
Probably because of all that weed.
I mean the shit they keep coming up with is just terrific. I wonder who's going to play Kim Jong-un.
inbeforeheplayshimself
have you read about the "sequel" they want to make for This is the End?

Goldberg has a few ideas floating around like having it start at the premiere of This is the End and have Rogen as the cokehead and Michael Cera as a calm dude with a boyfriend :hah: or an Adam and Eve story with Danny McBride as Adam :lupehah:

1 - 20 of 2548 Posts