Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story, I've become connected to Shia LaBeouf, meaning that whatever screenplay I write is put in his hands. Granted, I don't like him--he's talentless. But I'm thinking, should I do a derivative action blockbuster to make some quick cash so that I can produce my real projects or is selling out once not recommended? I'm torn. I want to get my foot in the door and I feel this is a rare opportunity. :ninja:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,459 Posts
Why don't you make an action film that turns the genre up on its head. Have some conventions, but try and change the game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95,761 Posts
Why don't you be creative like what I'm doing? I'm writing a screenplay that is a film noir/sci-fi/erotica about an unnamed African American who discovers time travel and must fuck his way through extinct species and weird creatures until he reaches the present again.
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Stealth said:
Why don't you be creative like what I'm doing? I'm writing a screenplay that is a film noir/sci-fi/erotica about an unnamed African American who discovers time travel and must fuck his way through extinct species and weird creatures until he reaches the present again.
Not sure if serious
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Vomitorium said:
Here's the story, I've become connected to Shia LaBeouf, meaning that whatever screenplay I write is put in his hands. Granted, I don't like him--he's talentless. But I'm thinking, should I do a derivative action blockbuster to make some quick cash so that I can produce my real projects or is selling out once not recommended? I'm torn. I want to get my foot in the door and I feel this is a rare opportunity. :ninja:
I would just like to point out that it might be put in his hands, doesn't mean he would make it. Your first film? Where's your funding from? Who would direct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95,761 Posts
ste_simpson said:
Not sure if serious
Very. I have it separated by chapters. I'm currently on Chapter 7: Prehistoric Pussy. Our hero runs into a group of women, that turn out to be a species not known to man at all. He discovers a way to fuck their unknown genitalia and escape by using his unbridled sexual allure
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mmonty86 said:
Why don't you make an action film that turns the genre up on its head. Have some conventions, but try and change the game.
I'm going to try that but I'm more worried about Shia's involvement in the project. I'm a perfectionist and want only the best. Hopefully I'll send him the script, sign to director (under his contact's production) and pack LaBeouf into an obligatory supporting role. :ninja:
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Stealth said:
Very. I have it separated by chapters. I'm currently on Chapter 7: Prehistoric Pussy. Our hero runs into a group of women, that turn out to be a species not known to man at all. He discovers a way to fuck their unknown genitalia and escape by using his unbridled sexual allure
ste_simpson said:
Not sure if serious
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cesc said:
I would just like to point out that it might be put in his hands, doesn't mean he would make it. Your first film? Where's your funding from? Who would direct?
Funding is from his contacts and the head of CBS. :work: Hopefully I'll direct. And yes, my first feature but I've worked in film criticism long enough to worm my way into a few phonebooks.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Vomitorium said:
Funding is from his contacts and the head of CBS. :work: Hopefully I'll direct. And yes, my first feature but I've worked in film criticism long enough to worm my way into a few phonebooks.
You are going to write and direct your first feature and you expect funding from CBS and Shia to feature?

:laugh:

It doesn't matter how many contacts you have, it's not gonna happen. Unless you are a really famous persons son.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,901 Posts
I think you should let him see the screenplay etc...but If he or anyone wants to change something too much, dont do it. It's YOUR film so it probably will be better if you do it the way YOU want to do it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cesc said:
You are going to write and direct your first feature and you expect funding from CBS and Shia to feature?

:laugh:

It doesn't matter how many contacts you have, it's not gonna happen. Unless you are a really famous persons son.
You'd be surprised. Besides didn't Fincher direct Aliens 3, a sequel to a respected series, as his first feature?


:cmon:
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Vomitorium said:
You'd be surprised. Besides didn't Fincher direct Aliens 3, a sequel to a respected series, as his first feature?


:cmon:
Yeah as his first feature, after he was recognised for his music videos, shorts and documentaries. He didn't just go in straight away.

Are you known in the industry/have a good reputation? What have you previously made? Had any of your shorts in film festivals? Won any awards in festivals? If yes, link? Wouldn't mind seeing some of your work.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Vomitorium said:
You'd be surprised. Besides didn't Fincher direct Aliens 3, a sequel to a respected series, as his first feature?


:cmon:
He also worked on Star Wars and Indiana Jones before making Alien.

- Thanks IMDB. lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cesc said:
Yeah as his first feature, after he was recognised for his music videos, shorts and documentaries. He didn't just go in straight away.

Are you known in the industry/have a good reputation? What have you previously made? Had any of your shorts in film festivals? Won any awards in festivals? If yes, link? Wouldn't mind seeing some of your work.
I'm known in the industry for film criticism and am an accredited author in cinema (on Siskel's level perhaps :allears:) I'm just saying that I'd co-direct a feature (can't trust anyone with my shit). This is all hypothetical at this point (I don't think negatives) but I'm buddy-buddy with one of the CBS fat-cats and am at an advantedge because I also have a "meh" bond with Shia, whose a hot commodity.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Vomitorium said:
I'm known in the industry for film criticism and am an accredited author in cinema (on Siskel's level perhaps :allears:) I'm just saying that I'd co-direct a feature (can't trust anyone with my shit). This is all hypothetical at this point (I don't think negatives) but I'm buddy-buddy with one of the CBS fat-cats and am at an advantedge because I also have a "meh" bond with Shia, whose a hot commodity.
Link to what you have done? Just out of interest...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cesc said:
Link to what you have done? Just out of interest...
That'll have to be a conversation via PMs or emails. I like to keep my professional business private. . . especially considering KTT might ruin my reputation with some of shit that I post here. :ninja:
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Vomitorium said:
That'll have to be a conversation via PMs or emails. I like to keep my professional business private. . . especially considering KTT might ruin my reputation with some of shit that I post here. :ninja:
PM me, I'll keep it in the PM. I'm in the industry myself so I know what you mean.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top