Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
76,105 Posts
Feel bad for all the people losing their jobs.
i think this is gonna be more and more common in the future

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
They brought themselves to their own demise, nearly ten years of shit games from their flagship franchise (Sonic), plus focusing too much on their eastern audience and putting the western market on the back burner.

It's funny because my point is proven by looking at the franchises mentioned in the press release; those are ones that do well in the west.  They could of had something with Yakuza, but poor marketing is to blame for mediocre sales in the west.

Could also be traced back to the fact that they rarely listen to what the fans have to say.  When they do, they do well, but the entire company hasn't caught onto the trend it seems.

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
willlopw said:
They brought themselves to their own demise, nearly ten years of shit games from their flagship franchise (Sonic), plus focusing too much on their eastern audience and putting the western market on the back burner.

It's funny because my point is proven by looking at the franchises mentioned in the press release; those are ones that do well in the west.  They could of had something with Yakuza, but poor marketing is to blame for mediocre sales in the west.

Could also be traced back to the fact that they rarely listen to what the fans have to say.  When they do, they do well, but the entire company hasn't caught onto the trend it seems.
sega do listen to fans more than any other publisher...thats what got them in this mess. sega are stuck in the 90s (this is how i like it) sadly nobody else does.

but yeah sega rarely release good games anymore. platinum games are pretty much the only sega games that genuingly are great (yet they never sell well)...sadly this could mean the platinum games publishing deal might be cancelled :(

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
Hi Im Mozeley said:
sega do listen to fans more than any other publisher...thats what got them in this mess. sega are stuck in the 90s (this is how i like it) sadly nobody else does.

but yeah sega rarely release good games anymore. platinum games are pretty much the only sega games that genuingly are great (yet they never sell well)...sadly this could mean the platinum games publishing deal might be cancelled :(
If they listened to their fans we would have SHENMUE III!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was and will forever be salty until I have Shenmue III. :(

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
willlopw said:
If they listened to their fans we would have SHENMUE III!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was and will forever be salty until I have Shenmue III. :(
thats about the only thing they wont listen to. i think its something much deeper than just releasing shenmue...i think they think shenmue is cursed thats the only reason why they wouldnt have release dit already.

as far as listening to fans they do it all the while. they constantly localise yakuza even though it consistantly sells terribly. no other publisher would go to the effort of localising such a complex game that never sells (yakuza 4 and of the end didnt even reach top 40 in the uk) no other publisher would give platinum games that sort of freedom either, EA, activision and capcom would never release an insane game like beyonetta tbh

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
Hi Im Mozeley said:
thats about the only thing they wont listen to. i think its something much deeper than just releasing shenmue...i think they think shenmue is cursed thats the only reason why they wouldnt have release dit already.

as far as listening to fans they do it all the while. they constantly localise yakuza even though it consistantly sells terribly. no other publisher would go to the effort of localising such a complex game that never sells (yakuza 4 and of the end didnt even reach top 40 in the uk) no other publisher would give platinum games that sort of freedom either, EA, activision and capcom would never release an insane game like beyonetta tbh
People had to fight for Yakuza 2 and 3 though didn't they?  I know they did for two, but I don't remember if they did for 3 or not.

I see your point though.  I don't know why they're so reluctant to release Shenmue, I would buy ten copies and make everyone I know buy ten copies, not even joking.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts