Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
41,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been bumpin Section 80 since it came out last month, and yesterday my ipod shuffled to heard em say so i just started listening to LR in its entirety and i started noticing the similarities between the two albums with their conscious lyrics and soulful, jazzy beats. Not complaining Section.80 is dope i could be reaching or i could be totally wrong just my opinion...

Please have an educated response you guys like to shut down people ideas before doing the research...thanx in advance...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
41,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ecabney said:
section 80 sounds like section 80
it has to sound like something if Kendrick was rapping over ambient music then you'll have a point. hell illmatic was influenced by rakim & kool g rap
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
232,799 Posts
Last week it was "section.80 sounds like mbdtf" now it's late registration.


Cobarachi said:
similarities between the two albums with their conscious lyrics and soulful, jazzy beats.
Are these the only similarities? Cuz a lot of albums have these qualities.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
232,799 Posts
Cobarachi said:
it has to sound like something if Kendrick was rapping over ambient music then you'll have a point. hell illmatic was influenced by rakim & kool g rap
He's obviously influenced by a few artists but that doesn't mean the album sounds like another album.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
41,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Man said:
Last week it was "section.80 sounds like mbdtf" now it's late registration.


Are these the only similarities? Cuz a lot of albums have these qualities.
if you've listen to both albums you can cleary hear the similarites, give me a minute and i can break it down for ya...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
41,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Man said:
He's obviously influenced by a few artists but that doesn't mean the album sounds like another album.
Everything sounds like something Reasonable doubt sounds like illmatic, OBFCL, and ready to die all mixed in one...MBDTF sounds like an Outkast album(better production) the Warm Up sounds like a Nas album nothing is ever truly groundbreaking...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,964 Posts
TheDanKing said:
Late Registration is SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER THAN SECTION 80 [/endcaps]
Exactly. this thread is blasphemous LR is my fav Ye project. I was watching the making of LR and Late orchestration last night. Shits epic man. K.Lmar cool too but nah ***** nah
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top