Kanye to The banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
Lalangan said:
All I've ever worn is 511 Levi's but I've decided I wanna up the quality in my jeans and my wardrobe as a whole.

I've heard a lot of good things about APC, RRL, and what not and I was just wondering what makes them worth $100+

I've been looking into these:

http://www.barneys.com/SkinnyGuy/059387345,default,pd.html
wear what looks good tbh, some people wear Balmain and it doesn't fit their proportions yet they continue to buy brand names because of the hype. 511's fit me very well actually, anything baggier or skinnier wouldn't look right.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Ryan Gosling said:
wear what looks good tbh, some people wear Balmain and it doesn't fit their proportions yet they continue to buy brand names because of the hype. 511's fit me very well actually, anything baggier or skinnier wouldn't look right.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ryan Gosling said:
Well yeah, I know how I want the cut to look. I also like to size up a little. But I'm wondering if the quality and price is worth the hype.

·
Registered
73,624 Posts
Lalangan said:
Well yeah, I know how I want the cut to look. I also like to size up a little. But I'm wondering if the quality and price is worth the hype.
You cant size up on raw denim (if thats what youre looking for). Raw denim will stretch and youll be swimming in the jeans in a months time. Always size down on raw denim (most suggest 2 or 3 sizes down). Doesnt matter if you cant button all the buttons because theyll stretch out to fit you.

The quality is worth the price, at first it'll feel like youre legs are wrapped in cardboard but after you break them in they'll feel great and of course last you a long time.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
NiceLikeChrist said:
The quality is worth the price, at first it'll feel like youre legs are wrapped in cardboard but after you break them in they'll feel great and of course last you a long time.
This.

I have 6 pairs of Nudies and I fucking love them all. You should definitely get a pair.

http://www.nudiejeans.com/

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NiceLikeChrist said:
You cant size up on raw denim (if thats what youre looking for). Raw denim will stretch and youll be swimming in the jeans in a months time. Always size down on raw denim (most suggest 2 or 3 sizes down). Doesnt matter if you cant button all the buttons because theyll stretch out to fit you.

I regularly wear a 30 in Levis, so should I get the 28 of the jeans I posted in the OP? I like to have the denim stack and I also sag a little bit just to give it the slouch look. What APC jeans match this type of cut?

·
Registered
73,624 Posts
Lalangan said:
I regularly wear a 30 in Levis, so should I get the 28 of the jeans I posted in the OP? I like to have the denim stack and I also sag a little bit just to give it the slouch look. What APC jeans match this type of cut?
I also wear a 30/31 in Levis and I went down to a 29 that was fine for me. 28 wouldve killed me. In the OP I would say yes go down to either 28 or 29.

I just did a quick search and the Levis 511 that youre used to have a 14.5 inch leg opening and the skinny guy N&F have a 15 inch leg opening. So you can probably expect those to be pretty much on par with the Levis 511 fit except that the length will be 36. For APC's I would say New Standards/New Cures are the closest to what youre looking for.

Theyll essentially be 28x36 jeans. Theyll definitely have more stacks but you could always get them hemmed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts