Kanye to The banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
66,017 Posts
FRMATTUU said:
I have to do a lyrical analysis on one of Lupe's Songs. I Chose "Words i never said".

Now i suck at writing so i figured i would come here and say what im having trouble.

to get to my problem.

What is the theme of WINS.
Please don't flame like i said above im not a good writer and this is supposed to be 1-2 page and i dont want to write more then i have to.

I will be updating with questions.
And i will post the end result.

Please Quote me so i know where to look and who to reply to.
http://rapgenius.com/Lupe-fiasco-words-i-never-said-lyrics

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
The over arching theme of WINS is a broad social critique of what is bothering Wasalu Jaco in the modern world :tash:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
friendofthepeople said:
I'm anxious to read it. Go hard as they say, my brother. :tash:
i will post the whole thing up and get everyones opinion/advice to see if i need to change anything.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
FRMATTUU said:
**Q2- When Lupe says "My Screams is finally getting free, My thoughts is finally yelling through"
Could this be a double meaning? But could this also mean how much trouble he went through with is record label?
Technically, it's a paradox. However, I see where you could get that. Hate to put you on the spot while you're already working but what two meanings do you suspect Lu' could be hinting at?

It could mean that. It's very likely and you'd have good reason to argue that it truly is him struggling under the label as it stifled the heavier messages he had planned for the album. However, personally, I don't interpret the line so concretly. It's more general as I see it.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
friendofthepeople said:
Technically, it's a paradox. However, I see where you could get that. Hate to put you on the spot while you're already working but what two meanings do you suspect Lu' could be hinting at?

It could mean that. It's very likely and you'd have good reason to argue that it truly is him struggling under the label as it stifled the heavier messages he had planned for the album. However, personally, I don't interpret the line so concretly. It's more general as I see it.
RapGeniuse says "After so long of keeping everything to himself and not speaking out, Lupe has taken a stand and is being heard"

I put it in a quote. that is what there saying it means so thats what i meant by double meaning.

·
Premium Member
8,611 Posts
Should've chosen a more complex song tbh.

Rapgenius your way to an easy A on something like The Emperor's Soundtrack or Streets On Fire :smug:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doom said:
Should've chosen a more complex song tbh.

Rapgenius your way to an easy A on something like The Emperor's Soundtrack or Streets On Fire :smug:
Im not really using RG that much im looking what thay have to say and what i have to say and writing somthing on that.

Yea i could have chosen a different song but WINS is the first to come to mind so i just went on that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts