Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime i try and work on a beat and i sample a piece and try and filter it, it just doesnt sound right

if you have any tips for beginners of sampling, chopping, looping, filtering, please share

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Elia said:
everytime i try and work on a beat and i sample a piece and try and filter it, it just doesnt sound right

if you have any tips for beginners of sampling, chopping, looping, filtering, please share
just chop them up as close as you can and be creative

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Al on the Keys said:
Sampling <<<<<<<

Writing songs >>>>>>>

come at me boi :seanshrug:
What you say is very much arrogant and ignorant at the same time. And i dont say this to beef with you, cause drama, show dislike, or flame you....I just simply want you to realize what you are saying.

For a producer like me who has a lot of talent(I believe so, and so do countless other people) in both sampling tracks and making tracks from scratch and also having a very complex musical background i find sampling much more difficult than making a track from scratch. Its like this for me(And i say for me because i cant speak for any one other person other than myself) because i read and understand music. I started when i was in the 5th grade...Since i read music very well(And i mean very well, All Region First Chair Sax for three years in a row off of site reading) and understand how it works, when i hear my own melody/rhythm/pattern in my head, its almost too easy for me to lay that out on the software that i use...I feel like if something is in your head, and you know how to work in your studio, its almost over simple to create that.
Where as on the other hand, to search through record after record until you find that one that you feel you can make into something brand new and call it your own. To take 7 seconds of a brass break and make a 4 min song is just amazing to me. And when you think about it, making beats from scratch is just another form of sampling, unless the producer himself makes every sound up himself from scratch...If i play middle C on the piano it is the same as taking an E flat from a violin in an orchestra sample and chopping it up....unless i actually built the piano though...then i can say "i made this from scratch"

I'ont know if any of this made since...Im kinda high right now...

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
KaYocee said:
Yeah, you know, I'm just saying, it depends on what kinda song you're making. If you make a generic beat with a simple melody, ok sampling's gonna be easier, but if you're coming up with something more complex, say jazz or neo soul or R&B record, where you got alot of things going on, its hard to say that it would be more difficult to sample than to get all that together

·
Registered
23,992 Posts
KaYocee said:
What you say is very much arrogant and ignorant at the same time. And i dont say this to beef with you, cause drama, show dislike, or flame you....I just simply want you to realize what you are saying.

For a producer like me who has a lot of talent(I believe so, and so do countless other people) in both sampling tracks and making tracks from scratch and also having a very complex musical background i find sampling much more difficult than making a track from scratch. Its like this for me(And i say for me because i cant speak for any one other person other than myself) because i read and understand music. I started when i was in the 5th grade...Since i read music very well(And i mean very well, All Region First Chair Sax for three years in a row off of site reading) and understand how it works, when i hear my own melody/rhythm/pattern in my head, its almost too easy for me to lay that out on the software that i use...I feel like if something is in your head, and you know how to work in your studio, its almost over simple to create that.
Where as on the other hand, to search through record after record until you find that one that you feel you can make into something brand new and call it your own. To take 7 seconds of a brass break and make a 4 min song is just amazing to me. And when you think about it, making beats from scratch is just another form of sampling, unless the producer himself makes every sound up himself from scratch...If i play middle C on the piano it is the same as taking an E flat from a violin in an orchestra sample and chopping it up....unless i actually built the piano though...then i can say "i made this from scratch"

I'ont know if any of this made since...Im kinda high right now...
:worship:

what other instruments do you play?

·
Banned
4,608 Posts
WHEN THIS SONG COME ON IM SPENDIN MONEY

PLAY SOMETHING I CAN SPEND SOME MONEY TO  :xmasslick: :xmasslick: :xmasslick: :xmasslick: :xmasslick: :xmasslick: :xmasslick:

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
While everyone catching feelings, ya'll forget I make sample beats too. Shit

So stop catching feelings

1 - 20 of 32 Posts