Kanye to The banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The singing in the end with the vocoder... Is beautiful. It isn't mean to be understood, his voice is an insturment in this portion. You can still feel the emotions and you can feel chills running down your spine....

In my opinion one of the most creative things an artist has ever done... Harmonizing at it's finest.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Kanye Himself said:
The singing in the end with the vocoder... Is beautiful. It isn't mean to be understood, his voice is an insturment in this portion. You can still feel the emotions and you can feel chills running down your spine....

In my opinion one of the most creative things an artist has ever done... Harmonizing at it's finest.
I've been thinking the same exact thing and ever since I heard the VMA performance with the vocoder/autotune at the end I've been hoping the album version would have it.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
That's the part that I wanted in the song the most. I know that Ye gets a lot of mixed reactions to something as out there as this but to me it's what I like about him the most. The distortion, heavy auto-tune, spacey sounds, layered samples are the marks of an artist who blends the most differing sounds in music and creates a new sound.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I heard the VMA performance, I didn't think it was meant to be an 'insturment'... which is why I originally didn't like it.. But hearing this whole thing put together was just mind-blowing.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
that part i hate to say it caus its such a big statement...but i think it cud be one of the most amazing parts of any song in music history...thers just something about it you feel the emotions as the background beat builds up and gets intimate u can hear him repeating the chorus ovr nd ovr nd u cud also listen to a beautiful electric guitar its like evrything is perfect and the emotions coming out of it it just gives you the chills...unbelieveable this song was okay..this makes it an amazingggggg song

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
I fucking love it. Seriously - it's like 3 minutes of complete non-sensical vocoder but I can't get enough of it - it sounds like an amazing guitar outro - I vibe so much with it. Ye said it was him crying, trying to sing the song in the studio but couldn't so he harmonized the flow, and changed it to a guitar effect, it's crazy but in the end it sounds so fucking beautiful. I listened to it like 10 times already lol :p

·
0 Posts
ilyace said:
I've been thinking the same exact thing and ever since I heard the VMA performance with the vocoder/autotune at the end I've been hoping the album version would have it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts