Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow when the charts are released in the US, Runaway will debut at number No. 4 with 174,000.

The main chart, the Billboard HOT 100 has not released their numbers yet, so we don't know where it will place on the main charts, but its a good sign that its number 4 on the Digital Sales Chart tomorrow.

Other numbers to note:

"Power," bowed at No. 14 in July off of an 80,000 start.
Taylor Swift is at number 2--- "Speak Now" debuts at No. 2 with 217,000 downloads
Far East Movement is number 1--- "Like a G6" with 221,000

article: http://www.billboard.com/news/toby-keith-s-gun-fires-at-no-1-on-billboard-1004120559.story?tag=hpfeed#/news/toby-keith-s-gun-fires-at-no-1-on-billboard-1004120559.story?tag=hpfeed

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
It should be somewhere around 15 on the billboard 100. Definitely won't be top 10 though - still good regardless. Hopefully he can hype up this single a lil more before it gets washed out by all the new releases.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
This is impressive taking in account that Runaway isnt that much of a radio song or a club banger.
This shows how effective the MTV performance was.

Im hoping for a #7 on the Hot 100.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Szohr said:
It should be somewhere around 15 on the billboard 100. Definitely won't be top 10 though - still good regardless. Hopefully he can hype up this single a lil more before it gets washed out by all the new releases.
I think maybe if the radio play numbers are REALLY good he could break into the top 10.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I hate to admit it, but I listen to 103.5 and B96 near Chicago about 2 hours per day and I have yet to hear Runaway. I don't understand why they are not giving it some radio play considering it is doing this well. I realize there are 22 more hours in the day, but I listen during peak hours and lately I've been flipping back and forth just trying to hear Runaway. I think if this song would start getting more radio play it would do much better.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's not gonna get the radio play because of the chorus, and the radio culture in general which is why i never listen to it. But good numbers nonetheless, now the album needs to do a MIL the first week.

ON TOP OF THE WOOOOORRLLLDDDDD

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
This is great considering what was thought of Kanye's career last year.  As optimistic as we are as fans, I know some of us had to be thinking how can Kanye come back from this, even though what he did really wasn't that serious. The media beating he took was crazy, so I'm glad to see that this song is debuting at number 4, hopefully it can climb to the top, but if not, it's ok.  The song is great regardless.

·
Banned
16,412 Posts

·
Registered
35,152 Posts
Herbie said:
If this song did 174k, All of the Lights is going to blow it out of the water.
I dont know why everyone assumes that.. that song sounds good, but not like a radio instant smash.. why do we need a #1 single anyways?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.