Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Kanye's Dizzying Folk-Rap Bender"

"The latest leak from Camp Kanye is less a song than an inspired chunk of Nineties-style DJ mixology. It begins with Bon Iver - the Wisconsin-bred folkie who collaborated on nine songs for West's upcoming album - singing a revamped version of "Woods," his haunting, Auto-tuned meditation from 209. Vocal rounds swell into a gospel chorus, fat 4/4 drums kick on, and there's Kanye pledging, "If we die i each other's arms / Still get laid in the afterlife." (Tres romantique!) Then, Kanye peels away the lushness, switching to a conga beat and sampling Gil Scott-Heron's 1970 "Comment #1" at length. Scott-Heron's radical poetics about a nation "now blood and tears instead of milk and honey" are a perfect contrast to the gorgeous heartbreak of Bon Iver, and overall, "Lost in the World" is the sound of a hip-hop icon on a wild creative bender: dizzying, sometimes, baffling, perpetually spectacular."

·
Registered
19,977 Posts
Synopsis said:
They're better than the rest tbh
Cosmogramma - 6.0
The ArchAndroid - 7.0
Sir Lucious Left Foot - 7.0
Have One On Me - 7.0

And all the three had justifications like "There's some info overload, but Ellison is an ace with pacing, and a distracted soulfulness guides the frantic laptop science". They try too much to write like pitchfork and fail.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Amazing Review. How can that be unrelevant shit? I think its on point.

I think Im "losing" Kanye on this Album I have been a Klive member since June 2007 and I always loved his music.

Now I think I moved on. His music is too simple for me or idk Im just not feeling it anymore.

Is anyone feeling the same? I think I just got older and started listening to the really good music like Thom Yorke or The Beatles!
I dont know why Im writing this on here. Just felt like it.

·
Registered
42,621 Posts
Steve said:
Not to sound like a hater, but thats not a word.
Not to sound like a hater but that was the point.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.