Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Read Only
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this may sound stupid as I have no real Idea how the record label competitions really go, but..

To me, it feels like Roc Nation and G.O.O.D Music are just sort of like branchs from the same tree. Do you guys think that the labels see eachother as opposition like MMG, SR AND YM?
I mean I know they still wanna sell more, but with J.Cole being on looking for trouble and now with Watch the Throne and with Jay Electronica being backstage with Pusha and Ye at Big Chill it just feels like the artists from GOOD and the Roc gonna be collaberating alot in years to come and on future albums.
I am not sure that this thread has fully explained my thoughts on the relationship but I hope you guys can get a bit of a grasp of what Im trying to say and leave your opinion. Please don't flame me haha

·
Premium Member
23,552 Posts
Base Mason said:
Ok this may sound stupid as I have no real Idea how the record label competitions really go, but..

To me, it feels like Roc Nation and G.O.O.D Music are just sort of like branchs from the same tree. Do you guys think that the labels see eachother as opposition like MMG, SR AND YM?
I mean I know they still wanna sell more, but with J.Cole being on looking for trouble and now with Watch the Throne and with Jay Electronica being backstage with Pusha and Ye at Big Chill it just feels like the artists from GOOD and the Roc gonna be collaberating alot in years to come and on future albums.
I am not sure that this thread has fully explained my thoughts on the relationship but I hope you guys can get a bit of a grasp of what Im trying to say and leave your opinion. Please don't flame me haha
But yeah, they do get along well. More so than others it seems like

·
Banned
19,252 Posts
Base Mason said:

Yeah i feel i ya but Neither can get their shit together J.Cole & Big Sean are sposed to be the running men of both groups, but they have their head so far up their ass they can't hear what the streets want....

·
Premium Member
104,025 Posts
ChrisThaCool said:
Yeah i feel i ya but Neither can get their shit together J.Cole & Big Sean are sposed to be the running men of both groups, but they have their head so far up their ass they can't hear what the streets want....
pusha and jay elect are makin the best music outside of jay and ye. big sean just isnt really that good, and j.cole is a massive underachiever.

·
Premium Member
23,552 Posts
ChrisThaCool said:
Big Sean just had a very successful debut. Cole is getting his chance in a few months

They still have a chance to be running men

·
Read Only
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
iYeezy said:
They should join up to become a super power.

G.O.O.D. Nation >>>>
But you need that roc in there. Roc must live forever. But can you imagine that :mindfk: Kanye, Hova, Pusha, Jay electronica, Common,J.cole, Mos Def, Big sean , Kid Cudi, Cyhi the Prince :mindfk:

·
Banned
11,216 Posts
g.o.o.d. music and roc nation need to be the next young money/cash money

i've said it before, but the main reason why young money was so popular was because of the unity.. and the frontman (weezy) and a few extras that bring in the fans (drake, nicki)

g.o.o.d. music has that.. plus way more. if they would just do more stuff together.. there is no one who is a broken leg on a centipede like jae millz, gudda, t-streets, etc... ( the seat fillers) everyone has an actual fan base that isn't there just because of the label. all of these randoms on young money are famous because they are a part of young money
it's safe to say everyone on young money has been on a song together, good music though.. they mostly keep to themselves. (imagine how a hudson and legend collab would sound??)

and now since young money can't make themselves more appealing, they branched out and brought in their daddy label cash money (probably because birdman has to rub his hands in the background for everything)
so now ymcmb is the new young moulahh babaay

but imagine good and roc together like that.. unity with real, established artists..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts