·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
22,240 Posts
Great musician

Fucked himself up with his drugs and that sorry excuse for a wife, and was a pussy/simp for killing himself in the end

·
Registered
56,550 Posts
Legends are made only after death. Come to think of it now I don't believe he would have survived (music) in the years that came after him, it changed drastically, I feel that way for a lot of artist taken in their prime.

R.I.P.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Carbonlynx said:
Legends are made only after death. Come to think of it now I don't believe he would have survived (music) in the years that came after him, it changed drastically, I feel that way for a lot of artist taken in their prime.

R.I.P.
Like who? and I disagree about the Legends are made only after death..maybe thats a view of todays music world

·
Registered
535 Posts
some people are fucked

Carbonlynx said:

R.I.P.
saying hes only a legend coz hes dead is naive and disrespectful.

and how would he not have survived music in the time after his death? he made his own path, he didnt become successful from jumping on some genre bandwagon, he would have just kept making his music.

RIP

·
Registered
56,550 Posts
princec5 said:
Like who? and I disagree about the Legends are made only after death..maybe thats a view of todays music world
Talking to a rap's perspective, Biggie and 2Pac, even Big L. Now it doesn't apply to everybody like MJ he was always considered a legend but for a lot of artist that die at their prime are considered legends. I bring the argument that they are usually bigger and more respected after death than they were during life with numerous examples (Elvis, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson)

·
Registered
56,550 Posts
ExhaleInExile said:
some people are fucked

saying hes only a legend coz hes dead is naive and disrespectful.

and how would he not have survived music in the time after his death? he made his own path, he didnt become successful from jumping on some genre bandwagon, he would have just kept making his music.

RIP
Whoa dude I not trying to disrespect anybody here, I wasn't saying oh just because he died he's a legend. It's more of like me saying after death we understand how truly great they were and respect them more, try to understand them better, etc. I've been a Cobain fan since I was a kid and I've listened to all of the albums I never knew him but I respect his music and artist abilities. I wouldn't try to diss a favorite artist of mine dude.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Carbonlynx said:

R.I.P.
I get what you're saying, like, had Kurt not killed himself at the height of his fame and was still alive today with Nirvana not being nearly as successful as they were 20 years ago he may be viewed differently.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Carbonlynx said:
Talking to a rap's perspective, Biggie and 2Pac, even Big L. Now it doesn't apply to everybody like MJ he was always considered a legend but for a lot of artist that die at their prime are considered legends. I bring the argument that they are usually bigger and more respected after death than they were during life with numerous examples (Elvis, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson)
All of the ones you mentioned didnt really die in their prime with the exception of Kurt Cobain and MJ..and what is your argument about Kurt not surviving in the years that came after him because I disagree with that as well...he came in and revolutionized the rock genre and took it a different direction...ironically the debut of Nevermind was able to knock MJ's Dangerous album off of the top of the charts in 1991

·
Registered
56,550 Posts
Living So Caucasian said:
I get what you're saying, like, had Kurt not killed himself at the height of his fame and was still alive today with Nirvana not being nearly as successful as they were 20 years ago he may be viewed differently.
Thank you lol :h5:

People might not have understood his genius had this not happened.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Carbonlynx said:
Thank you lol :h5:

People might not have understood his genius had this not happened.
Yeah, I mean imagine if Ye had died after Graduation (heaven forbid :cry:), true we would have missed out on a LOT of amazing music but the public in general would probably view him as an icon of Cobain's status.  Nowadays, not so much :p

·
Registered
535 Posts
Carbonlynx said:
Whoa dude I not trying to disrespect anybody here, I wasn't saying oh just because he died he's a legend. It's more of like me saying after death we understand how truly great they were and respect them more, try to understand them better, etc. I've been a Cobain fan since I was a kid and I've listened to all of the albums I never knew him but I respect his music and artist abilities. I wouldn't try to diss a favorite artist of mine dude.
that 'some people are fucked' part wasnt directed at you, it was at people saying 'who?' and 'overrated' and that negative shit.

but no worries bro, i get you now. dont know if i agree, but i see what you mean

1 - 20 of 62 Posts