Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
theneedledrop was bias in one way.
At 13:03 He proves what I'm saying.

One of his major dislikes about the album is that it feels incohesive/messy.
Which is very obviously how Kanye wanted it to feel, but when he responds to the mess being in the artistic vision.
He literally laughs out loud at the idea and has no response to it just saying it's "unoriginal" or "has been done before"
ie: The Beatles - The White Album or ODB N**** Please

Which is the equivalent to me saying I dislike an abstract painting because "Faces don't really look like that" or "Picasso did it first"

When someone doesn't understand the album:

It gets bad reviews

But when people understand, they compare it to other beautiful messes:

Also, the album art is a reference to The Shining which is about a guy with writer's block which Kanye mentions in No More Parties in LA

The chaotic feel is intentional and reflects the movie in many ways.

In 30 years aspiring producers will see TLOP as a bible or handbook to great and varied Hip Hop production.
I just hope we get an instrumental version.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ASVP Andrew said:
Y'all really want this to get good reviews :koolaid:
It's not that I want it to get good reviews TLOP is on repeat regardless of critics.
I just see most of the bad reviewers use the inconsistency against the album, as-if it was done on accident

·
Premium Member
45,036 Posts
album not finished :mm:

·
Registered
856 Posts
You could call every mixtape that artist's "White Album" but unfortunately that doesn't make it true. I like TLOP but the only people calling it his white album don't actually know much about the white album.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
No one cares about Fantano for good reviews and agreeable opinions
He's interesting because he knows about music and there's a couple neat things to learn from his videos sometimes

·
Banned
13,304 Posts
kingbrick said:
You could call every mixtape that artist's "White Album" but unfortunately that doesn't make it true. I like TLOP but the only people calling it his white album don't actually know much about the white album.
Preach

1 - 20 of 21 Posts