Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first heard Kanye was working with the likes of Pete Rock, Q-Tip, Premo & Madlib I flipped out. I thought FINALLY!!! my dreams have come true. I always wondered why Jay, Em, Wayne, etc...don't work with guys like premo and Pete enough. People in their positions can put out almost anything and go platinum. So why not use that power to actually put out something incredible? Kanye seems to be the only one who gets that but now it seems we won't be getting that on this album. I remember someone on twitter saying the Kanye x Q-Tip tracks were some of the best tracks he's heard in years and I believe him lol but where are those tracks? Kanye already confirmed Pete Rock on WTT which has now lead me to believe that these incredible collabs between pete and Ye and premo and tip could also be on there. I am a bit disappointed in this because I was preparing myself for Kanye's Black album/Illmatic when I first heard of these insane producers working with Ye. Listen Jay Z is without a doubt one of the greatest to ever touch a microphone but do I really want to hear him and Ye on an entire album? I don't really know if I do lol I can't even really consider something like this as an actual album  :dno: I just feel like if WTT wasn't happening then we'd have
more Pete, tip, premo, and madlib beats on MBDTF :(...still excited tho

·
Registered
54,358 Posts
well watch the throne is better then no watch the throne..... end up not hearing those songs at all

better then nothing I guess

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
august4th said:
well watch the throne is better then no watch the throne..... end up not hearing those songs at all

better then nothing I guess
yeah true

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just kinda wanted to hear these on his own album. I'm still irked by the fact that we are getting Monster and I'm so Appalled over premo and pete rock beats not that I hate monster and I love I'm So Appalled but I would much rather some Tip and Pete

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We got new Pete Rock Joints on the Watch the Thrown album... Q Tip joints... We bout to spit on this Madlib beat- Kanye

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
▲FlyMx said:
We got new Pete Rock Joints on the Watch the Thrown album... Q Tip joints... We bout to spit on this Madlib beat- Kanye
i thought hell of a life was co produced by madlib, :dno:
the vocal samples and drums at the end sounded very yeezy, but the beginning just made me think of madlib for some reason :dno:

·
Registered
325 Posts
honestly, I think he should have kept Monster and I'm So Appalled on WTT... They fit better on a collab album like WTT... I still believe the label influenced on Kanye's decision to add those tracks on MBDTF...

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
Infamous703 said:
honestly, I think he should have kept Monster and I'm So Appalled on WTT... They fit better on a collab album like WTT... I still believe the label influenced on Kanye's decision to add those tracks on MBDTF...
probably with monster, but kanye loved so appalled, and (no pun intended but..) i was appalled that he dropped the "i'm" from i'm so appalled :sarc2:

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeezzzy said:
pete rock and preemo beats aren't the best in the world...jezus christ
I know Boi 1da  is your idol but someone like Kanye working with Pete Rock and Premo is a luxury that we
don't really get so plz lower that bullshit

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
▲FlyMx said:
I know Boi 1da  is your idol but someone like Kanye working with Pete Rock and Premo is a luxury that we
don't really get so plz lower that bullshit
Yes a boi-1da beat in 2010> any premier beat in 2010...be real with your self. Just because someone is a legend doesn't mean the actual material they are putting out right now is good.

·
0 Posts
▲FlyMx said:
I just kinda wanted to hear these on his own album. I'm still irked by the fact that we are getting Monster and I'm so Appalled over premo and pete rock beats not that I hate monster and I love I'm So Appalled but I would much rather some Tip and Pete

·
0 Posts
Yeezzzy said:
Yes a boi-1da beat in 2010> any premier beat in 2010...be real with your self. Just because someone is a legend doesn't mean the actual material they are putting out right now is good.
Boi-1da's only good beats were Best I Ever Had & Over...The rest of his beats are weak and are so obviously done on FL Studio...the snares are weak as fuck and Forever sounds like something any Up & coming producer could make in a few minutes...Seriously, he's not that good...I was actaully a fan of Best I Ever Had & Over because the production was the highlight of both those tracks... :work:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts