Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its 2013. the world has become smaller and everything moves faster. these days Artists like Jay , Kanye and JT are releasing albums in 1 months time. Because they are not scared

Drake on the other hand announces a damn album 1 year before to stay relevant. someone tell that ***** that its not 2006 anymore. Now he will probably release the album august or sept. Drake fans make me laugh !

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
BladeRunner said:
its 2013. the world has become smaller and everything moves faster. these days Artists like Jay , Kanye and JT are releasing albums in 1 months time. Because they are not scared

Drake on the other hand announces a damn album 1 year before to stay relevant. someone tell that ***** that its not 2006 anymore. Now he will probably release the album august or sept. Drake fans make me laugh !
why you gotta bring drake into this though?
Damn you fucking hater

·
Registered
263 Posts
thats the perfect way to do it imo. frank oceans channel orange marketing was on point.
no news at first .
out of nowhere drops the first single pyramid (gawdly) and a date (one month away)
then actually realeases the album a week early on itunes.

·
Registered
72,153 Posts
TheHybrid said:
thats the perfect way to do it imo. frank oceans channel orange marketing was on point.
no news at first .
out of nowhere drops the first single pyramid (gawdly) and a date (one month away)
then actually realeases the album a week early on itunes.
I remember when I downloaded it. :sadblu:
channel ORANGE #1

·
Registered
52,054 Posts
Not quality and sound wise(haven't even heard nothing off magma carter)
but the idea of ignoring radio play and singles, and just releasing an album as a whole. We live in a age where the internet represents popular music a lot more than the radio.
imagine a world with fewer album pushback and albums are announced a few weeks before release rather than a few months. And a world where we hear an entire album at once rather than a 2 singles 3 months prior

if this idea was used for future music we could possibly see an end to generic pop, r&b, and hip hop made solely for the radio and see more quality music. We could end this age where Hip-Hop mixtapes are better than Hip-Hop albums as well.

I seriously hope these two albums pioneer a new method of releasing music

·
Registered
652 Posts

Dropping an album hasn't been just about the music for some time, and Jay-Z, Kanye West and Usher are three artists proving just how geeky and layered, and brimming with technology collaborations, the process of releasing a new album can be.

Consider: Jay-Z announced his new album, Magna Carta Holy Grail, last night in a three-minute Samsung ad that aired during the Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs game. The clip gives what seems to be an intimate view of the star collaborating with producer Rick Rubin (he's the guy with the long white hair and beard lying on the couch) and rapper/producer Pharrell Williams, among others.

Is there an innovative corporate deal here? Check. Samsung is offering Magna Carta Holy Grail free to a million Galaxy users 72 hours before its general release through a customized app on its devices, all part of a deal that the Wall Street Journal reports probably put $5 million in record sales in Jay-Z's pocket even before the album officially drops on July 4.
"We don't have any rules, everybody is trying to figure it out," Jay-Z says to his team in the commercial in which one member scribbles notes on a tablet device. "That's why the Internet is like the Wild West. The Wild, Wild West. We need to write the new rules."

Those rules can apparently make way for artists giving music away themselves. Kanye West who posted single cryptic tweet "June Eighteen" on Twitter to provide the date of his new album has since been promoting Yeezus, which comes out tomorrow, by projecting videos of his face and playing the new music outside buildings around the world.

Although West has been notoriously protective of his music in the past, attendees of a release party in New York were able to freely use their phones to record the music before its release, according to Mashable, which attended the party.

"I have this new strategy. It's called no strategy," West reportedly said at the event. "This album is all about giving. This whole process is all about giving no f---s at all."
But that's not all. In an interview with the New York Times, West invokes none other than Apple co-founder to describe the level of his cultural influence.
From the Times:

I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump.

Another tech-geek music move came last summer from will.i.am, whose song "Reach for the Stars" was beamed from Mars back to Earth through a collaboration with NASA that was dubbed the first planet-to-planet broadcast.

On hand were children from the Los Angeles neighborhood where the Black Eyed Peas musician grew up. Tech names were dropped too.
"The neighborhood changes when you guys become Mark Zuckerbergs, Jack Dorseys," the musician said.

Then there's Usher, who like Jay-Z, collaborated with Samsung and promoted his latest single, "Looking 4 Myself" in a film that features the star in a choreographed dance routine in downtown Los Angeles and which also promotes Samsung Smart TV.

Huge, a Brooklyn, New York-based digital marketing firm, worked with Usher and Samsung on the film, which was directed by Rich Lee and features two Ushers facing off against each other, as "down-to-earth" Usher seeks revenge against "celebrity" Usher after fame ruins his romantic relationship.

"Our goal was to create a one-of-a-kind film that brought Usher, a global music icon, together with international technology leader Samsung, to create an artistic and extraordinary digital film experience that people will want to view and share," said Ross Maupin, creative director of Huge said in a release. "Seamlessly integrating" the Samsung Smart TV into a film starring Usher is setting a "new standard in viral marketing."

With all the action, special effects and yes, product demos, it's hard to remember that the film, which has garnered 18 million views on YouTube in just three days, also features music.

http://upstart.bizjournals.com/companies/rebel-brands/2013/06/17/marketing-adds-to-art-for-jay-z-kanye.html?ana=RSS&page=3

·
Registered
37,089 Posts
n0vne said:
not just anybody can pull it off though
new stuff gets always tested in the way which involves the least risk, in that case with etremely popular musicians.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts