Kanye to The banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best Lupe song ever you ask?

Letting go. There is no question.

The song is beautiful, the beat will put you in a trance. Vocals in the background singing melodically "things are getting out of control, feels like i'm running out of soul." Tired. Tired of the bullshit, the world is a fucked up place, and at some point you just have to give in.. you have given your all toward something, someone... you just can't go on like this anymore.

"you're getting heavy to hold...think i'll be letting you go" You know from the opening 30 seconds that this song is about to hit home. So poetic, so beautifully does this paint a picture. Sometimes whatever burden or obstacle you are going through is just to much. you have to let go.
(ole girl :cryfam:)

lupe open his first verse, so vividly. "My self portrait, shows a man that the wealth tortured"... at this point, the picture of lupe depicts an emotionally drained human. Lupe has been absorbed by what has consumed him (atlantic records fallout).

While lupe is discussing the misfortunes of working under a corporate american company all about the mula, we as listeners can depict the message of our songs and relate it to what is going on in OUR life. this song is so fucking relatable, when you are fed up, tired, and sick of dealing with some bullshit. You just want to give up, you want to "let go"

The ending bridge of this song is the cherry on top to make this song even more fantastic. Lupe sings beautifully, "sometimes i feel like the world, sometimes i feel like the world is against me..."

"i swear we used to be so pure
but we can't even love anymore
because i don't want to fight this war
but when i put down my gun
i turn around and pick up one
this uzi weighs a ton
but i think I'm done"

Wow. not only is the singing perfect, the descriptions is just amazing.

10/10 song. best lupe song of all time.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Third Ward Trill said:
Among his best, sure. I feel like it's kinda underrated though.
Unfairly maligned albums don't often get their gems recognized.

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
MetalFaceMamba said:
It's a good song, not even top 10 Lupe track though, arguably not top 20.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts