Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in a mood to get some opinions out.
Reading is something I think most people don't do enough of, I don't mean reading as in books like Harry Potter etc. But educational materials, not just school education but life, history of the human race and stuff like that. So many people are ignorant to what goes on around them and it's painful.
Just had to get that out..
Remember knowledge is power

===============================================================================================

Decided to make this the official reading thread. If you want to talk about books, what you're reading etc. you can do so in here.

·
Premium Member
43,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vitamin Water. said:
I would read if I had the luxury of time.
What are you multi-tasking with whilst being on here? I don't mean to sound condescending when saying that but I'm curious. I'm on here and reading my copy of Do Andriods Dream Of Electric Sheep by Phillip K Dick. Amazing book.

·
Premium Member
43,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RepTDot said:
You want us to read metaphysics?
I was thinking more of reading to educate yourself on the state of the world you live in, governments, music business, anything that surrounds you and you engross yourself into. The more educated you are on your surrounding and life influences the different your perspective on life is.

·
Premium Member
43,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Kanye Stan said:
Harry Potter doe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I read all of them except the last one when I was younger, still to this day haven't read it.

·
Premium Member
43,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
carreralu112 said:
If I remember correctly, the last one came out whilst I was on holiday, so I never brought it when it first came out, then I kept putting it off and eventually never got around to reading it.

I don't feel to read it now though, it simply wont compare to the other books I have read.

G

·
At the minute I'm into reading lots of autoniographys of people from a range of different industries and cultures around the World.

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
I'm almost finished with Frank: The Voice

I'm reading The Art of Seduction and after that The Alchemist

I bulk buy my books I buy like 6 at a time. Keep them until I want to read them. Also I have a nookcolor so I got The Godfather and other books on there. Sometimes you just want to read from a physical book not a ebook

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
MichaelAFC said:
Just in a mood to get some opinions out.
Reading is something I think most people don't do enough of, I don't mean reading as in books like Harry Potter etc. But educational materials, not just school education but life, history of the human race and stuff like that. So many people are ignorant to what goes on around them and it's painful.
Just had to get that out..
Remember knowledge is power
Exactly, I have hundreds of books in my library, so I got a nookcolor. It's great, I have so many books it sucks when I have to move. Also I'm a big fan of magazine like Esquire and GQ

·
Registered
26,181 Posts
I don't read books unless my teacher says I have to. I want to start though, just find something interesting and start reading. I read the posts in this thread right? That's a good start isn't it. :p

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Started really getting into it freshman year. It's extremely empowering to say the least. In the Footsteps of Mr. Kurtz is what's in front of me as I typed this on iPod. I'm hella slow though I've realized.

Audiobooks>>>>Physical Books(if they were free and accessible. >>>> eBooks

Society stays losing with their "innovation".
:cmon:

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
I always make the time to read, its about time management. Even if it's 15 minutes. On weekends, I really try to finish a book with about 350 pages.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts