Kanye to The banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so, i'd never thought this before.

But i'm here w/ a friend on a study day who isn't into hip hop like me at all. I stuck J Cole on while we were doing some History, and she said it reminded her of Taylor Swift, because, like Taylor, he's telling his own story. Unlike other artists of different genres who try and make their work relatable to everyone, these guys tell their own story, and in a way that makes it even more relatable.

Whatcha think KTT fam? Do we hate on Taylor too much, is she more hip hop and rap in her style than we actually think?
Personally, I dunno, opinions wanted, haha.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
The story you're telling has nothing to do with what genre of music you play. But nonetheless it's a cool comparison she made and it's worth examining.

M

·
0 Posts
Oogity said:
The story you're telling has nothing to do with what genre of music you play. But nonetheless it's a cool comparison she made and it's worth examining.

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oogity said:
Heh, thank you! never been an OP before, we were kinda scared, haha.

·
0 Posts
Zeddy said:
Heh, thank you! never been an OP before, we were kinda scared, haha.
Lol

And "we"? Did u make the thread with a partner loooob

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
M/M/M said:
Country Music's subject matter relies heavily on storytelling so maybe that's what she meant?  :dno:
Yeah, possibly. She said Taylor talks about her feelings towards her Dad a lot, and drew parallels to Never Told (a Cole song about his Dad) n stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts