Kanye to The banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the awful thread title and also sorry if this was posted before. Basically I was reading an article on nymag.com where the author read a book of rap lyrics having never listened to rap before. In doing so, they decided who were their favourite artists purely from the poetic point of view and the top 6 were...

Big Daddy Kane, Jay-Z, Eminem, Canibus, Chino XL, and Lupe Fiasco.

I found it interesting to see a complete noob's point of view and would recommend having a look. Kanye gets an honorable mention btw.

http://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/features/69252/

·
Registered
428 Posts
eh cool concept
never been impressed with cannibus though and i'm sure i'd be less impressed if i was just reading his lyrics
oh cool big words that rhyme...and don't really make sense  :fly:

and he wasn't as keen on nas or wu tang?...i can see how someone who knows nothing about hip hop slang and culture would not quite get wu tang (which he acknowledges) by just reading their lyrics but nas?
i don't even

the stories like 'undying love' would probably have me on the edge of my seat just reading lyrics

dead birds flying through a broken sky?  D:
muthafuckin poetry

i would want to see him going more in depth though on each rapper and also i want him to read two rappers in particular...DOOM and Jeru The Damaja

1 - 4 of 4 Posts