Kanye to The banner

Rakim Bothered by "Luxury" Rap of Kanye and Hov (Prefers Kanye Over Jay Z)

3K views 157 replies 62 participants last post by  Bottom Cat Boredom 
#1 ·
G
#5 ·
Rakim worries that the enormous rift between the rap audience and millionaire rappers who rhyme about Gulfstream jets is robbing the music of inventiveness and joy. “It’s more like, ‘Look what I got’ or ‘You ain’t got what I got’ or ‘You got to get what I got,’” he says. “It’s making the listener a little envious of what’s going on, and it’s almost demeaning.”

Kinda sorta right tbh

#8 ·
LiftthatALLLNight said:
Rakim worries that the enormous rift between the rap audience and millionaire rappers who rhyme about Gulfstream jets is robbing the music of inventiveness and joy. “It’s more like, ‘Look what I got’ or ‘You ain’t got what I got’ or ‘You got to get what I got,’” he says. “It’s making the listener a little envious of what’s going on, and it’s almost demeaning.”

Kinda sorta right tbh

G
#13 ·
Jerry Rackhouse said:
So then what's the problem?
He doesnt like luxury rap.

LiftthatALLLNight said:

Kinda sorta right tbh

#17 ·
LiftthatALLLNight said:

Kinda sorta right tbh
You're 14 you don't know shit sonny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.