Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
0 Posts
Rakim worries that the enormous rift between the rap audience and millionaire rappers who rhyme about Gulfstream jets is robbing the music of inventiveness and joy. “It’s more like, ‘Look what I got’ or ‘You ain’t got what I got’ or ‘You got to get what I got,’” he says. “It’s making the listener a little envious of what’s going on, and it’s almost demeaning.”

Kinda sorta right tbh

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
LiftthatALLLNight said:
Rakim worries that the enormous rift between the rap audience and millionaire rappers who rhyme about Gulfstream jets is robbing the music of inventiveness and joy. “It’s more like, ‘Look what I got’ or ‘You ain’t got what I got’ or ‘You got to get what I got,’” he says. “It’s making the listener a little envious of what’s going on, and it’s almost demeaning.”

Kinda sorta right tbh

U

·
0 Posts
Jerry Rackhouse said:
So did Rakim not notice the album was called Watch The Throne?
Thats not what hes talking about. He knows thats what the album is supposed to be about.

U

·
0 Posts
Jerry Rackhouse said:
So then what's the problem?
He doesnt like luxury rap.

LiftthatALLLNight said:

Kinda sorta right tbh

·
Registered
24,512 Posts
CT said:
He doesnt like luxury rap.
Well from the context of the article I assume he meant the luxury rap Jay and Ye were doing on Watch The Throne. If he means in general though I've never listened to an album and thought "Wow I feel like this guy is demeaning me by talking about how much money he has". It's just bragging

·
Banned
24,562 Posts
LiftthatALLLNight said:

Kinda sorta right tbh
You're 14 you don't know shit sonny

1 - 20 of 158 Posts