Kanye to The banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on starting a workout routine consisting of high rep (roughly 20 reps) light barbell exercises e.g. Deadlift, squats, clean n press, bench press, rows etc, with low rest time (30 secs)

Do you guys think this will help me in losing weight and developing muscle definition? Thanks

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
SeñorBlinky said:
Im planning on starting a workout routine consisting of high rep (roughly 20 reps) light barbell exercises e.g. Deadlift, squats, clean n press, bench press, rows etc, with low rest time (30 secs)

Do you guys think this will help me in losing weight and developing muscle definition? Thanks
no.

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
SeñorBlinky said:
what would be the result of it then?
maybe you'll lose a little weight, that's about it.  if you want to lose weight the right way, you need to diet along with lifting.  and if you want to put on muscle, high reps is not the way to go.

·
Registered
19,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PradaG said:
maybe you'll lose a little weight, that's about it.  if you want to lose weight the right way, you need to diet along with lifting.  and if you want to put on muscle, high reps is not the way to go.
im not really looking to put on size, cuz im already stocky as it is, i have a little bit of fat to lose, i calculated my BMR as 1803.76, what do i do with this figure in terms of dieting?

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
SeñorBlinky said:
im not really looking to put on size, cuz im already stocky as it is, i have a little bit of fat to lose, i calculated my BMR as 1803.76, what do i do with this figure in terms of dieting?
first off, what's your weight?

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
SeñorBlinky said:
roughly 162 lbs, im 5ft7 and im 18 yrs old.
ight, eat around 2000-2200 cals. and even if you're looking for "muscle definition", don't do high reps.  that doesn't get you defined, low bodyfat does.  your best bet would be to eat a clean high protein diet and lift hard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts