Kanye to The banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the new Macs wont have disc drives anymore. Can someone please explain to me then how I would rip a CD to my Itunes, or how I would install a new game?

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2012 said:
they have removed the Cd drive from the Mac mini, and the macbook air has no cd drive, they took it out to remove space. and also i think to make people buy from itunes
Do you reckon there's a chance they'll incorporate that into the new Mac's next year then?

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jreed91 said:
Removing it from the main macs would be a huge transition. Right now they've removed it to save room. I think for a while there will be cd drives until there is no more need for them
Okay mate. Im waiting for the Pros to update next year.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Apple want you to buy your software through the App Store. And for the other games you have Steam and MacGames etc. But there aren't that many games on the Mac though. I've been a Mac user for 4 years now and the only thing I've used the CD drive for is installing Leopard and Snow Leopard and ripping CD's that I can download if I want to.

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GJ said:
Apple want you to buy your software through the App Store. And for the other games you have Steam and MacGames etc. But there aren't that many games on the Mac though. I've been a Mac user for 4 years now and the only thing I've used the CD drive for is installing Leopard and Snow Leopard and ripping CD's that I can download if I want to.
Yeah I'd wanna buy the Football manager games for the Mac. Are they available on Mac Store?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Jack said:
Yeah I'd wanna buy the Football manager games for the Mac. Are they available on Mac Store?
They aren't on the AppStore, but I'm 100% sure that they're on Steam for the PC and I'll check if the Mac version is on Steam when I'm on my iMac later today, but I'm pretty sure that it is.

edit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/34220/

It's on Steam for Mac :).

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GJ said:
They aren't on the AppStore, but I'm 100% sure that they're on Steam for the PC and I'll check if the Mac version is on Steam when I'm on my iMac later today, but I'm pretty sure that it is.

edit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/34220/

It's on Steam for Mac :).
Thanks man. Never used Steam before. So you can just download the games from there instead of buying them from the shops?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.