Kanye to The banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Recently I've Been thinking about getting into MMA Training. Anyone on KTT training in MMA?

·
Registered
586 Posts
The money starting off is less than someone working part time at mcdonalds. You won't go pro unless you have a good rep or have a good amateur record. Then once you go pro, it all depends on what organization you fight with and contract you sign. You have to be real good and it has to be your main priority.

·
Registered
10,634 Posts
TheWolf.24 said:
Many of the UFC fighters don't even touch 100k a year until half way thru their career
Not to mention the money spent on camps and coaches. Plus the brain damage, risk of getting cut, etc.

Don't do it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ether said:
Not to mention the money spent on camps and coaches. Plus the brain damage, risk of getting cut, etc.

Don't do it.
brain damage isn't such an issue compared to boxing, the fight can be won in other ways besides getting knocked out from a punch or kick to the head.

·
Registered
7,960 Posts
I've been practicing for about 14 years Tbh. I'd say try and find something I'm particular you find appealing like maui Tai or Karate and go with it from there and try and learn it as an artform.

As far as fighting goes, it's okay. But I'd reccomend getting great at one or two styles rather than a rough understanding of several imo

·
Registered
586 Posts
Monsterious said:
I've been practicing for about 14 years Tbh. I'd say try and find something I'm particular you find appealing like maui Tai or Karate and go with it from there and try and learn it as an artform.

As far as fighting goes, it's okay. But I'd reccomend getting great at one or two styles rather than a rough understanding of several imo
tbh, most people that succeed in the sport is advanced in at least one art

1 - 9 of 9 Posts