Kanye to The banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so just going over my psychology notes and it says that transsexualism and homosexuality are considered abnormal? is that true that people consider that stuff an abnormality? seems like alot of the population has it and it is becoming more common...thus, shouldnt it be a statistical norm nowadays?

·
Premium Member
7,481 Posts
jiggajayz said:
so just going over my psychology notes and it says that transsexualism and homosexuality are considered abnormal? is that true that people consider that stuff an abnormality? seems like alot of the population has it and it is becoming more common...thus, shouldnt it be a statistical norm nowadays?
that is an ignorant definition. it is based on traditional religious values stating a man should only lie with a woman and it totally disregards those who do not fall strictly into the male or female category. if you go back in history, you will see that homosexual and transgendered tendencies were acceptable in ancient societies. it was only with the indoctrination of modern religions that it became taboo.

p.s. did you know that it is required by law to designate a newborn child as male or female, even it has two sets of opposite gendered genitalia?

·
Premium Member
32,814 Posts
When you are growing up during childhood, there are certain stages you go through psychologically. There's like an oral stage, an anal stage, an a couple others I can't remember cause its 1 and I've had a long day..... Anyways, what a psychologist would consider a normal adult someone who went through all of those stages. Someone who is gay may have had something wrong (different to be PC) during the anal stage (just an example). Someone who tends to bite their fingernails, chew on pencils, touch their mouth when their nervous could have had something go 'wrong' during the oral stage. That's my best explanation right now. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or elaborate on what I said.

·
Premium Member
32,814 Posts
Pyro said:
Haha those stages are from a psychoanalytical point of view, since they were coined by Sigmund Freud in his theory called called psychosexual stages of development. But most psychologists criticize the validity of Freudian psychology, I think.
Yes they are. He is talking about that in OP i thought tho cause he mentioned homosexuality. Transexuality is different. Freud was a psychology gawd tho. Not too much research done on sexual psychology.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts