Kanye to The banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't got a PS3 yet, but before I go spending the cash, I want to know something about the PS3 Jailbreak. Sorry if this question is completely nooby but i've had an xbox for the past 3 years.

I know the purpose is to backup games onto the hard drive so they are yours forever, but is there any way to download games from the internet to put on the jailbroken PS3?

I ask because on websites such as RLSLog and Warez websites I see all of the PS3 games tagged with 'JB' (which means jailbreak) Fallout NV, DJ Hero 2, Sims 3 and PES 2011 are just a few recent examples of this.

If so how do you get these downloaded games to play on the jailbroken PS3
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
Yes, but unless you've got a PS3 without the latest update then you will be able to do it. So I have heard from people that have got it...Also, you'll need to get the dongle with the jail-breaking software on it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
London said:
Yes, but unless you've got a PS3 without the latest update then you will be able to do it. So I have heard from people that have got it...Also, you'll need to get the dongle with the jail-breaking software on it.
yeah you're right, but the person i am buying the PS3 from hasn't used it in months so the software will be old :)
and i know a supplier of the dongle for £20
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
Go for it then, what's the deal he's giving you?

Also, whereabouts you getting the dongle from? I been looking, can't find...except for on eBay but they sell for more than I care to pay.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
London said:
Go for it then, what's the deal he's giving you?

Also, whereabouts you getting the dongle from? I been looking, can't find...except for on eBay but they sell for more than I care to pay.
£100 for a PS3 120gb slim. If you live in the UK you must know how good that is for a slim. Plus i've played on it because i am good friends with his brother and the condition is amazing

As for the dongle, here you go:
http://www.osctime.com/modchip-jailbreak-p-627.html
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
I had to re-check the price you mentioned twice to see if my eyesight wasn't playing up or something. That's an immense price dude. Bargain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
I heard if you play online with a 'jailbroken' PS3 Sony can track it and fuck up your account or something? Just what I heard. I think they already do this to hacked 360's.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yo Jimbo! said:
I heard if you play online with a 'jailbroken' PS3 Sony can track it and fuck up your account or something? Just what I heard. I think they already do this to hacked 360's.
yea they do. i have a 360 and i was gonna get it flashed, but its a fucking pain to get the games
and sony ban a user account whereas microsoft ban an IP address

and ps3's are a better console overall, so i think i know what choice i'll be making
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top