Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first I'll just start off and say that I've never produced a beat before. Rapping is more of my thing, but I always had a passion for producing :allears: Honestly, I just love listening to great beats, main reason why I'm a Kanye fan. So I was wondering if any producing vets or producers in general can help me get started...
like I don't have the equipment I need to make any masterpieces, so I was wondering if anyone knows any websites where you can make beats(basically its a beginners thing :dno: I'll upgrade and get my own shit eventually)

Also any general tips/advice would be nice. 

·
Registered
1,609 Posts

·
Banned
2,298 Posts
SIMPLE question:  Mac or PC?  If you have a Mac, play with GarageBand.  Use some of the kits on there.  Try to stay away from the loops.  If you know how to play a musical instrument, it would help.

If you have a PC, get a Mac.... (I know, worst advice ever.. but seriously)

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
PrinceJane said:
If you have a PC, get a Mac.... (I know, worst advice ever.. but seriously)
very stupid response don't listen to this guy cause u don't have to get a mac to make beats if got that mula go head
but a mac is not a necessity unless u want logic

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys for the help...and I dont have "Mac money" lol so I'll just stick with what I got for now.

·
Banned
2,298 Posts
T.B.O.T.B said:
very stupid response don't listen to this guy cause u don't have to get a mac to make beats if got that mula go head
but a mac is not a necessity unless u want logic
yeah I'm really stupid huh... So what's the highest rated professional production software?  Logic.  Ohhh yeahhh.

·
Banned
260,958 Posts
▲Sage. said:
Ableton is my unrequited love.

Btw, FL is the best thing to start with.
I suck with FL. Watched so many tutorials, just don't understand it, have the producers edition and everything

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
btw, if I download FL Studio fruity loops or watever, i wont get any viruses right?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts