Kanye to The banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

Registered
Joined
1,350 Posts
Crooklyn_Jets said:
I hate the shock factor horror rap although vcr my shit. Tyler has really won us over for us who didn't fuck with pre wolf shit.
I'm happy to see anyone evolve and do well in positivity. Still haven't heard Igor because I'm still soaking in Cherry Bomb and Flower Boy.
To each their own I guess. But take your time king on the albums king!
 

Registered
Joined
24,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Big Loogie said:
To each their own I guess. But take your time king on the albums king!
Appreciate the love, surely will king. Need to check Earl, Domo, Matt Martian and Syd/The Internet next.
 

Registered
Joined
6,213 Posts
He captured the 1970s punk rock aesthetic in the modern age, from the clothes to the branding to the interviews and persona to the musical content. It was marketable counterculture you could easily buy into
 

Registered
Joined
30,530 Posts
I discovered OF when I was 13 years old and going through that edgy teen phase of my life, so discovering Tyler and OF talking about raping pregnant bitches and all that edgy shit i ate it up, and I fucked with the beats like crazy cause it reminded me of the type of music I always wanted to make. But as I grew up and discovered more older music and found a love for R&B music (that I also loved as a little kid but had forgot about) Tyler started switching his style up exactly to the type of music I loved and it's just never changed.

The man has somehow managed to make every album he releases the perfect soundtrack to whats happening in my life at that time. including IGOR.
 

Registered
Joined
731 Posts
Think I just decided to listen to Wolf one day in early 2016 and I really liked it so I checked out the rest of his stuff and more OF stuff lol
 

Registered
Joined
344 Posts
ZCH said:
I discovered OF when I was 13 years old and going through that edgy teen phase of my life, so discovering Tyler and OF talking about raping pregnant bitches and all that edgy shit i ate it up, and I fucked with the beats like crazy cause it reminded me of the type of music I always wanted to make. But as I grew up and discovered more older music and found a love for R&B music (that I also loved as a little kid but had forgot about) Tyler started switching his style up exactly to the type of music I loved and it's just never changed.

The man has somehow managed to make every album he releases the perfect soundtrack to whats happening in my life at that time. including IGOR.
I feel like a lot of his fans have grown up with him and his style of music.
 

Registered
Joined
9,952 Posts
HorseMastaFlex said:
VCR was raw as fuck, and the summer of skating to radical, that whole fucking mixtape, yeah that never left me.
push my button baby
 

Premium Member
Joined
123,347 Posts
I was a middle schooler watching these dudes go crazy and make dope ass music that made me wanna go crazy too lmao. Timeless shit honestly
 

Registered
Joined
14,848 Posts
Crooklyn_Jets said:
Not judging anyone but is Colossus pretty much his fanbase in a nutshell or what drew you in pre Wolf era Tyler. I enjoy the beats and some songs but I feel left out cause overall it isn't for me.
I kept hearing Sk8bd P co-sign two acts, K Dot & Odd Future
Then I saw Yonkers and Earl music video and it creeped me out but that led me to being a fan of Frank Ocean

I came around during the Wolf era when I saw he wasn鈥檛 just rape and roaches with the Fallon performance of Treehome95 and been a Stan ever since :kanyeshrug:
 

Registered
Joined
24,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Prince Akeem said:
I kept hearing Sk8bd P co-sign two acts, K Dot & Odd Future
Then I saw Yonkers and Earl music video and it creeped me out but that led me to being a fan of Frank Ocean

I came around during the Wolf era when I saw he wasn鈥檛 just rape and roaches with the Fallon performance of Treehome95 and been a Stan ever since :kanyeshrug:
Y'all need to stop using stan as a synonym for big fan.
 

Registered
Joined
24,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Prince Akeem said:
That's fair
How would you define stan?
dick rider/idol worshiper aka someone who can't be objective with, can't critique nor handle when others critique said artist's/person's silly antics, low quality creations nor negative outputs.

 

Registered
Joined
14,848 Posts
Crooklyn_Jets said:
dick rider/idol worshiper aka someone who can't be objective with, can't critique nor handle when others critique said artist's/person's silly antics, low quality creations nor negative outputs.
In that case I get it. I'm still objective about T but I love him as a creative, his music, designing and fashion
 

Registered
Joined
24,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Prince Akeem said:
In that case I get it. I'm still objective about T but I love him as a creative, his music, designing and fashion
ok
 

Banned
Joined
36,291 Posts
i was on hypebeast forums and fell in love with bastard and nostalgia ultra before i really knew who they were, then he posted the teaser for yonkers in the OF thread and became a fan, crazy how i was in a thread where he used to post
 

Registered
Joined
31,265 Posts
2011 Odd Future while didn鈥檛 age well was literally the coolest shit ever

From learning about all the members, to the crazy shows and tweets, to the music and interviews and videos, and of course finding out about fucking EARL
 
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Top