Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a link to the pic: http://s26.postimg.org/6ds2rg6h5/10400113_1056950262341_3448779_n.jpg

How bad do you want it? This is a picture of who I am proud to call my best friend Kyle Jacoby. This was taken on our last game of our high school careers together. He made it back on the floor for our last game of the season in only a year after being diagnosed with Leukemia. Incredible. I had seen him within that year laying in bed for months at the hospital battling this disease with barely any energy to stay up for our visits some of the times (shout out to the U of I Hospital for a great selection of board games and puzzles to pass the time, and also for putting together a great looking nursing staff down there). Once he got out of the hospital I saw him become winded while going on a short walk through his neighborhood and needing to take a breather after going up a flight of stairs at his home. Pretty incredible after taking all that into account to think that after all of the mental/physical/emotional stress he went through that he was able to suit up and score a basket in our final game together. Looking at this picture tells me more than just about a kid beating cancer. This picture demonstrates to me a kid that wanted more than anything a chance to play one more time with the fellas again no matter what the doctors said. This picture tells me of a kid that wasn't going to let people tell him that it can't be done. This picture shows me that no matter the odds he was going to get back out there and play the game he loved one more time. I love this picture because you can tell he's struggling to keep going but there's no way anybody was going to get this guy off the floor. He wanted to beat the odds and he did. So I ask you how bad do you want it? You have any goals? Any passion to be more than the average person skating through life? I know I wake up every morning wanting to end the day in a better position and as a better person than when I started it. I had dreams of being a Division 1 basketball player. I had dedicated my whole life from a little kid all the way through high school trying to attain that goal but was never able to realize it. Will I let that failure define who I am? Should I feel bad for myself? I'm a big believer in denial being a great contributor to success. It drives you, it makes you want to show everybody that they're wrong. This picture of Kyle is a prime example of that. The doctors said there was no way he would play basketball that season and look at what he did. He wouldn't take no for an answer. Kyle showed me that night that no matter what anybody says anything is possible if you want it bad enough. I am now following his lead and using my denial of not reaching the success that I wanted to achieve in basketball to fuel my drive for the success I want in the business world. I don't want to be another average person that goes to work every day just to get through the week just to get a paycheck. You only have one chance at life and I don't want to go through it having regrets about what I could have done. I want to be great and am confident one day I will be. My failures have never been from a lack of effort and I am damn well sure my future ones will not be a result of that as well. I want to be extraordinary like Kyle was this night. So what's your plan? Are you content with just getting by and collecting your paycheck at the end of the week and skating through life? If things get tough are you going to quit? I know my answer. What about you? How bad do you want it?

·
Banned
40,233 Posts
Spit that over a 2010 Lex Luger beat :slick:

·
Premium Member
72,740 Posts
Dreamville15 said:
Heres a link to the pic: http://s26.postimg.org/6ds2rg6h5/10400113_1056950262341_3448779_n.jpg

How bad do you want it? This is a picture of who I am proud to call my best friend Kyle Jacoby. This was taken on our last game of our high school careers together. He made it back on the floor for our last game of the season in only a year after being diagnosed with Leukemia. Incredible. I had seen him within that year laying in bed for months at the hospital battling this disease with barely any energy to stay up for our visits some of the times (shout out to the U of I Hospital for a great selection of board games and puzzles to pass the time, and also for putting together a great looking nursing staff down there). Once he got out of the hospital I saw him become winded while going on a short walk through his neighborhood and needing to take a breather after going up a flight of stairs at his home. Pretty incredible after taking all that into account to think that after all of the mental/physical/emotional stress he went through that he was able to suit up and score a basket in our final game together. Looking at this picture tells me more than just about a kid beating cancer. This picture demonstrates to me a kid that wanted more than anything a chance to play one more time with the fellas again no matter what the doctors said. This picture tells me of a kid that wasn't going to let people tell him that it can't be done. This picture shows me that no matter the odds he was going to get back out there and play the game he loved one more time. I love this picture because you can tell he's struggling to keep going but there's no way anybody was going to get this guy off the floor. He wanted to beat the odds and he did. So I ask you how bad do you want it? You have any goals? Any passion to be more than the average person skating through life? I know I wake up every morning wanting to end the day in a better position and as a better person than when I started it. I had dreams of being a Division 1 basketball player. I had dedicated my whole life from a little kid all the way through high school trying to attain that goal but was never able to realize it. Will I let that failure define who I am? Should I feel bad for myself? I'm a big believer in denial being a great contributor to success. It drives you, it makes you want to show everybody that they're wrong. This picture of Kyle is a prime example of that. The doctors said there was no way he would play basketball that season and look at what he did. He wouldn't take no for an answer. Kyle showed me that night that no matter what anybody says anything is possible if you want it bad enough. I am now following his lead and using my denial of not reaching the success that I wanted to achieve in basketball to fuel my drive for the success I want in the business world. I don't want to be another average person that goes to work every day just to get through the week just to get a paycheck. You only have one chance at life and I don't want to go through it having regrets about what I could have done. I want to be great and am confident one day I will be. My failures have never been from a lack of effort and I am damn well sure my future ones will not be a result of that as well. I want to be extraordinary like Kyle was this night. So what's your plan? Are you content with just getting by and collecting your paycheck at the end of the week and skating through life? If things get tough are you going to quit? I know my answer. What about you? How bad do you want it?
i read it.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Dreamville15 said:
(shout out to the U of I Hospital for a great selection of board games and puzzles to pass the time, and also for putting together a great looking nursing staff down there).
powerful

1 - 20 of 20 Posts