Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
13,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody mentioned this earlier that power was just like ctmn, so let's look at what they have in common
- both pissed off, in your face songs
- both lead singles (to classics)
- both have a chant that's a core part of the beat
- both were studio comeback songs
plus the original power artwork kind of looks like CTMN artwork :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
both have remixes
Both 150 BPM+ (CTMN - 160 Power - 154)
Both have the beat playing for 30 secs+ after he's finished rapping in a prolonged outro

·
Banned
13,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GRAD-BEAR said:
both have remixes
Both 150 BPM+ (CTMN - 160 Power - 154)
Both have the beat playing for 30 secs+ after he's finished rapping
I forgot ctmn had a remix, well all kanye leads have remixes cept for TTW

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Chamelio S. said:
Hahahaha, why not just say they're his best songs ever? Weird way to phrase that.
i tried to make it like the original post, it took me like two minutes to think of that.....its late

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Power >>> CTMN, easily, in my opinion. CTMN is cool, maybe has better lyrics, but Power is just a fucking triumphant beast with one of the best outros of any Kanye song.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Nothing will compare to the impact that Can't Tell Me Nothing had on me, though.  It's one of those introspective, self-reflective, conscious songs that had EVERYBODY chatin' along.  :)  Classic, sure-fire classic.

·
Registered
682 Posts
cant tell me nothing isnt a pissed off song?? kanye said its a prayer to god, dont think a prayer is pissed off type a thing :kanyeshrug:

·
Banned
13,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Commish Swag said:
cant tell me nothing isnt a pissed off song?? kanye said its a prayer to god, dont think a prayer is pissed off type a thing :kanyeshrug:
the chorus "were you saying something? UHUH You can't tell me NOTHIN"

·
Registered
133 Posts
CTMN all the way. Maybe it's because I'm not the biggest fan of Power. I love the beat, but when it comes to the lyrics, the metaphors, and the lay he laid dow, CTMN was better

1 - 20 of 23 Posts