Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
22,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-all-the-data-pokemon-go-is-collecting-from-your-phone?utm_term=.ve92qrM5P#.xrnAB21kr

This shit is kinda scary tbh, it's like hella people just gave up their privacy in one quick download :jordanlaff: :jordanlaff: Just oblivious :oblivious: or not really caring much as long as they're entertained. I mean I can't knock it I was out there catching them all as well until I read this shit. I don't know if I would categorize this as fear mongering as it also has facts to back up it's claims.

·
Registered
12,113 Posts
K.B. Da Gawd said:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-all-the-data-pokemon-go-is-collecting-from-your-phone?utm_term=.ve92qrM5P#.xrnAB21kr

This shit is kinda scary tbh, it's like hella people just gave up their privacy in one quick download :jordanlaff: :jordanlaff: Just oblivious :oblivious: or not really caring much as long as they're entertained. I mean I can't knock it I was out there catching them all as well until I read this shit. I don't know if I would categorize this as fear mongering as it also has facts to back up it's claims.
yeah so is google & your ISP... and any social media you have..

·
Banned
46,655 Posts
The article literally says that Google is one of the game's major investors and then goes on to how they have access to your info through other Google services

Buzzfeed journalism for you

·
Banned
46,655 Posts
Just log off the internet if you're that afraid of companies stealing all your info. In fact just take a quick ban because even moderators on KTT have access to your account here, they can see the email you signed up with, and they can see your IP address and thus current location

Niantic may collect — among other things — your email address, IP address, the web page you were using before logging into Pokémon Go, your username, and your location.
The company’s origins trace back to the geospatial data visualization startup Keyhole, Inc., which Google acquired in 2004; it played a crucial role in the development of Google Earth and Google Maps. And though Niantic spun off from Alphabet late last year, Google’s parent company is still one of its a major investors, as is Nintendo, which owns a majority stake in The Pokémon Company. Indeed, Google still owned Niantic when the developer released its first game, Ingress, which is what Niantic used to pick the locations for Pokémon Go’s ubiquitous Pokéstops and gyms.
And if you use your Google account for sign-in and use an iOS device, unless you specifically revoke it, Niantic has access to your entire Google account.

·
Banned
34,772 Posts
Privacy been gone for a min

Only way for nobody to know your info is to stay off the internet entirely, even tor can be hacked (though its so difficult it would only happen if you were a huge criminal like dread pirate roberts, and even with all the drugs and weapons he only got taken down after he tried to hire a hitman on a silkroad user)

·
Premium Member
27,749 Posts
It's going towards whatever Google usually uses that info for when they collect it via their other services, plus whatever game the developers will make next. Pokemon Go uses the data they collected from Ingress

1 - 20 of 51 Posts