Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, if you're one of those close-minded fucks who preaches "REACHING" at everything that doesn't fit into your one-dimensional, simpistic, bland and boring minds, then simply don't read this. if you're a big cudi fan who likes to engage in interesting, admittedly hypothetical yet plausible discussions about cudi and his work, then please chime in with your thoughts. i dont claim that what im about to say is the truth or anything like that, but being that there is a major cudi drought and not much to talk about, i figured why not divulge my thoughts. if you are an open-minded person, this could blow your mind

for starters, i dont love PITW. but i refuse to dismiss it altogether, like most of you have. tbh, im intrigued by it. it is the ONE song off Wizard that cudi has decided to share with us early, and although it isn't amazing, it's certainly interesting. for one thing, it's very different than any other song cudi has ever released. it has a GHOST!/we aite vibe to it, but something about it seems very dark/"demonic" as one topic-starter's mom put it. i don't think that cudi is "possessed by demons" or involved in some sort of demonic movement or any bullshit like that, but it DOES sound eerily possessed, in a way

connection to NOBM: i'm surprised that no one has alluded to this yet, but PITW sets NOBM up perfectly. in PITW, cudi says that he's seen things, things that he wishes he hasn't. things that no one else has. but although he wishes he hasn't seen these things, he refuses to run away. he knows them now (transition to second verse....first he sees them, now he knows them.....he can't escape what he has seen because he knows what he saw, he refuses to just run away and pretend like he hasn't seen it). in NOBM, he says he knows something is wrong here, he can feel it lurking around (same idea as PITW lyrics) but no one believes him. he says, "i heard it, [so] i know it", i'm not insane....but no one believes me.

so in both songs he alludes to the same exact thing. what exactly is the meaning of this connection, you may ask? i don't claim to know, but i think that cudi offers the closest thing to an answer in the last lines of NOBM:

it whispers my name
calling for me
where do i go
where should i run

whereas in PITW, he says the words "i won't run away" over and over again, here he's hinting that the "thing" that he sees/hears from PITW is getting stronger and stronger. in NOBM, it has become a full-blown beast, whispering cudi's name and calling for him. where should he go, where should he run?

what do you guys think it could be? what is cudi running away from? what has he seen? what is whispering his name, calling for him? i think i know what it may be: Mr. Rager. addiction. calling his name. he can see Mr. Rager lurking around him in the dark, but no one believes him. Mr. Rager whispers his name, calls for him....there is a voice that he can hear, that whispers for him and calls for him, but he wants to run away, but where can he go? where should he run? i think that voice may be Mr. Rager's voice. addiction's voice. it's something that cobain alluded to in his lyrics all the time. something that anthony kiedis (RHCP) alluded to all the time. who knows? maybe i'm reaching, but cudi HAS to be alluding to something here................... the two songs co-exist WAY too strongly. what do yall think? if you think im reaching, i respect that, but please try not to chime in if that's the case

·
Banned
32,125 Posts

its just a fucking song, made for a box office movie. nothing less, nothing more

·
Banned
35,353 Posts
Isnt NOBM about Cudi being a vampire and fighting his vampire thoughts?

Either way, both songs suck.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how i would hate to have a simpleton/close-minded brain as yalls'......... sigh......... im not saying its true motherfuckers. but why cant yall just have hypothetical discussions every once in a while......... jesus

·
Banned
35,353 Posts
Mr. Rager said:
how i would hate to have a simpleton/close-minded brain as yalls'......... sigh......... im not saying its true motherfuckers. but why cant yall just have hypothetical discussions every once in a while......... jesus
u maaad

·
Banned
3,299 Posts
heartofalion said:

its just a fucking song, made for a box office movie. nothing less, nothing more
Mr. Rager said:
if you think im reaching, i respect that, but please try not to chime in if that's the case
:sarc2:

anyway, I really didn't see this connection at first, and I also forgot that cudi likes to have themes/stories in his albums so maybe running away from(NOBM) vs. standing up to(PITW) inner demons plays an element on this album :dno:
Mr. Rager said:
admittedly hypothetical yet plausible.

·
Banned
32,125 Posts
Mr. Rager said:
because it's reaching to the point where this whole thread is just ridicolous

i mean its a interesting theory and all, but it's just not plausible at ALL. and even if it was (which, again, it isn't), no one believes me has no connection to pitw, since pitw is from cudis album, and nobm is for fright night and won't be on cudi's album

·
Registered
65,753 Posts
kidcudisdope said:
Isnt NOBM about Cudi being a vampire and fighting his vampire thoughts?

Either way, both songs suck.
i dont wanna disrespect your opinion but no one believes me is dope af i was high iscell last nite and that song was just mesmerising

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
heartofalion said:
because it's reaching to the point where this whole thread is just ridicolous

i mean its a interesting theory and all, but it's just not plausible at ALL. and even if it was (which, again, it isn't), no one believes me has no connection to pitw, since pitw is from cudis album, and nobm is for fright night and won't be on cudi's album
why isn't it plausible? i'd understand the word "unlikely," but "not plausible"? everything is plausible, son. also, sorry but you're straight-up dumb for saying that pitw has no connection to nobm simply because they aren't on the same album. cudi said himself that although he did it for the movie, he wanted it to stay true to his shit and function on its own as a song. fuck outta heh, simple ass *****

·
Banned
32,125 Posts
Mr. Rager said:
why isn't it plausible? i'd understand the word "unlikely," but "not plausible"? everything is plausible, son. also, sorry but you're straight-up dumb for saying that pitw has no connection to nobm simply because they aren't on the same album. cudi said himself that although he did it for the movie, he wanted it to stay true to his shit and function on its own as a song. fuck outta heh, simple ass *****
yep. i guess im too simple for your allknowing mind :oblivious:

·
Registered
65,753 Posts
SeiK said:
that means "as hell" right? if so, : HAH :
lol yeah
Stupid way for kids to say as helll...made by New Jersey teens. People from New Jersey say "as hell" like iscell. So teens write it that way*facebook* Ugh..bored iscell somebody hit me up!..=/

·
Registered
65,753 Posts
Mr. Rager said:
ew. is that for real? :faceplant:
i mean where im from thats how we spell/pronounce it. its not that bad you gotta understand the area to get it. i rather say "isCell" than "as hell"

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agent Se7en said:
i mean where im from thats how we spell/pronounce it. its not that bad you gotta understand the area to get it. i rather say "isCell" than "as hell"
its one thing to pronounce it like that when you're talking. its another to write it like that in words

·
Registered
65,753 Posts
Mr. Rager said:
its one thing to pronounce it like that when you're talking. its another to write it like that in words
im sure where from yall have some unique slang words

1 - 20 of 50 Posts