Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
24,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16471-pink-friday-roman-reloaded/

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,369 Posts
"But in her quest to avoid becoming just another female rapper, she settles for being just another pop star"

Pitchfork hits it right on the head yet again
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
24,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny, they basically shitted on the majority of the album and still gave it a nearly a 7. Way to take a journalistic stand, Pitchfork.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,369 Posts
ATI said:
Funny, they basically shitted on the majority of the album and still gave it a nearly a 7. Way to take a journalistic stand, Pitchfork.
KameOn1ne said:
They musta really liked the first half
I think the score was so high because they still see a lot of potential in Nicki. They usually give low scores to artists who they perceive as being washed out (The Strokes, Eminem) or artists they just don't like (Childish Gambino, Chiddy Bang).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
24,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NewLondon21 said:
I think the score was so high because they still see a lot of potential in Nicki. They usually give low scores to artists who they perceive as being washed out (The Strokes, Eminem) or artists they just don't like (Childish Gambino, Chiddy Bang).
You would think she had used up her token favoritism points on the last album. And the actual rapping portion of the album makes up about a third of the record.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
Rev said:
I mean other than that, that is pretty funny tbh.
people respect their opinion I guess... I mean they started letting it mean something... so now it exists

*shrug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40,436 Posts
KameOn1ne said:
people respect their opinion I guess... I mean they started letting it mean something... so now it exists

*shrug
gay tbh, every time I go in a thread about pitchfork ppl are bitching about the rating.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
I swear anyone whose ever taken a college English class could write a P4K review... just treat it as a master thesis and act like there's a system for rating music
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Weird, I like this album more than I did 5 minutes ago.
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top