Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
908 Posts
The thing is, I agree 110% completely with Pitchfork, always have, and I have always wanted critical validation for these thoughts. Thing is, I don't know a single person that gives even a shit about these guys, so Ive never really had to voice it. Damn them ****** is gay.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
20,397 Posts
Damn though

I've met them. They're nice people. Didn't need to do that to them

They're the scapegoat for frat rap apparently. They haven't reviewed Mac or sam Adams or any of that shit. Chiddy gets to be the scapegoat
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
All valid criticisms I guess, but I still like these guys. Very chill, fun laid back vibe from them.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Some of there early stuff was decent. Recent stuff has been awful.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Deer Gawd said:
Lowest score I've seen. It really must be that bad.
Well if its any consultation these are the same guys that gave Goblin an 8. Pitchfork usually suck when it comes to reviewing rap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,258 Posts
mordeaci said:
Well if its any consultation these are the same guys that gave Goblin an 8. Pitchfork usually suck when it comes to reviewing rap.
Goblin is not bad. Pitchfork may have their off times, but I consider them pretty solid at reviews.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
232,799 Posts
On "Heatwave", after painful verses from Chiddy and the odious Pittsburgh frat-rap goon Mac Miller, we get a verse from the Texas gangsta legend Trae, who stays on autopilot and steals the entire mixtape anyway. (Rest assured that the score at the top of this page would be a couple of decimal points lower without him.)


lmfao

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
mordeaci said:
Well if its any consultation these are the same guys that gave Goblin an 8. Pitchfork usually suck when it comes to reviewing rap.
I don't think the reviews themselves are bad at all.
But their number system is a bit odd
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
908 Posts
neph27 said:
Damn though

I've met them. They're nice people. Didn't need to do that to them

They're the scapegoat for frat rap apparently. They haven't reviewed Mac or sam Adams or any of that shit. Chiddy gets to be the scapegoat
Damn, that sucks about them being nice. I hate it when that happens, but thats how alot of people in the industry are. Good for them that they have gotten a fanbase off of being mediocre. Ignorant passion pays off I guess?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,425 Posts
TheFuturist said:
I don't think the reviews themselves are bad at all.
But their number system is a bit odd
This.  Like why are their scores so fucking low?  Like I don't care how bad an album is, on a 10 point scale, the lowest it should get is like a 5
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
232,799 Posts
Dylan_Grey said:
This.  Like why are their scores so fucking low?  Like I don't care how bad an album is, on a 10 point scale, the lowest it should get is like a 5
They rarely give scores lower than a 5 tbh.

 
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Top