Kanye to The banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts
lol his previous album was called In My Mind?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
for those not aware...
Out of my mind was supposed to be a remake of In My Mind with live insturments, with the help of ?uestlove,
a la when In Search of was re recorded with Spymob.
But the because IMM didn't do great, the label dropped it.
It leak a few years back, and a Mastered version last year/early this year

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
TheFuturist said:
for those not aware...
Out of my mind was supposed to be a remake of In My Mind with live insturments, with the help of ?uestlove,
Do you have a link for the mastered version?

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
TheFuturist said:
for those not aware...
This.
Out Of My Mind was an In My Mind redux by Questlove, James Poyser & Steve + some musicians here and there. Like Adam Blackstone. The group had a name back then. Pharrell & The Yessirs. Or P & The Yessirs. But about the mastered version, people are wrong. It has never been mastered. Labels won't pay a studio and some engineers for an album that will never drop. In 2007 Questlove leaked it track by track. And later he reposted it on twitter. But the files are exactly the same: unmastered. The 2007 leak might sound LQ -simple assumption, i never took the time to download it- because it was a rip. And for that matter, the 2010 leak is also a rip. But the streaming technologies have changed and it might sound better than the 2007 leak.You're right, the label dropped it because of the lack of sales.

Pharrell started to record an album in 2009. But it's just a bunch of tracks. There's no plan, no date atm. It's not meant to be heard for now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I heard somewhere that Pharrell said he doesn't want to do another solo project in the same vein as In My Mind. I think he said he'd rather do an album like The Clones album where it's not all about him. Not sure if this is still true though, he may have changed his mind since this was said.

·
Registered
26,500 Posts
Conki said:
I heard somewhere that Pharrell said he doesn't want to do another solo project in the same vein as In My Mind. I think he said he'd rather do an album like The Clones album where it's not all about him. Not sure if this is still true though, he may have changed his mind since this was said.
i remember this also

1 - 16 of 16 Posts