• YES LAWD OP IS THE GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the dumbest statements ever is blaming the death of a whole genre on a few artists.

I don't think Hip Hop is dead/alive/coming back or whatever but the way I feel is if people think it died because of music people like Soulja Boy, Future, Chief Keef, ect make, doesn't that make the listener/supporter more responsible than the actual artist himself?

For example when you have an artist like Soulja Boy who has made successful hits in his prime (rather you like them or not) with music old heads, youtube commenters, ect wouldn't consider "real hip hop" of course other people trying to get in the industry are going to follow the same trends because its working, trying to make deep music or be super lyrical is not going to let them eat at the end of the day until more people start to support that type of music.

As long as people want the club/dance/trap/swag music it's not going anywhere no matter how much you hate it, don't be mad at the artists saying they killed Hip Hop, be mad at the people who support it & allow it to stay relevant, Audio Nyquil & Duststorms are not going to be dominate in this generation as long as this continues to happen.

·
Registered
22,529 Posts
One shitty rapper can't 'ruin' hip hop. I could drop a random video on YT and say it's rap and people would say I killed hip hop. But rap fans are like that :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
22,529 Posts
People who killed hip hop (fuck that statement doe) are those who were relevant for a long time and that people tried to copy (Jay Z, Eminem, Tupac, Biggie, Kanye, Nas, etc)

·
Registered
18,797 Posts
I agree with OP kind of though. I think that the fans are partially to blame, but they don't know any better, so it's more so the artist's and industry people's faults for feeding them this stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts