Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something just happened. The one girl I like a whole lot and thought we were getting somewhere, told me that we're nothing more than just friends. Although I'm disappointed, I can't say it comes as a surprise.

You see, when you really want something to happen, you tend to overlook all the obvious and just pay attention to signs that aren't even there. That never works and it's unhealthy. I see all these threads on here all the time with rejections humming you out and stuff. Stop. Learn to accept that you can't force people to have affection for you, even with your million reasons, that's not how it's supposed to be, it's not their obligation.... And another thing, if you can't find reasons to love yourself on your own, dont even bother to go looking for love. Save the person your trouble and depression and sort your own life out. Nobody deserves the pressure of being the main source of happiness for any person. Let them live their life in peace. If you love someone you should be able to give them that happiness..

This whole thing has me thinking, but atleast I can say that I still love myself, alot. It's a cliche but it's dead on true. You can't love anyone until you love yourself first. I'm done, take what you want from this all, I just think some people on here need to see this

UPDATE: Im slowly realizing that the girl whether intentionally or not, is full of shit. Rejection isnt that bad to me anymore, as shown in this thread, its something Ive learnt to deal with. What pisses me off though is lying.It always has and always will be one of if not THE worst way to disrespect me. At first, I realized that she was being dishonest to make me feel better in terms of not being straightforward with her feelings, and i forgave her for that via inbox (where the whole thing went down and im yet to get a reply from her), but this is worst. One of my good friends got the convo through some mistake, hes closer to her than I probably will ever be though, he told me that she has this guy shes been on and off with for quite a while now, over a year. that goes almost in direct contrast with her telling me multiple time that she doesnt do relationships. She recently left him though to focuz on her school work (she didnt do nearly as well enough to get accepted into any med school, she failed bio and chemistry)

This upsets me because for all this time she never ONCE found the need to atleast hint it to me that there was someone else? like really nto ONCE? thats terrible tbh. She said she really wants my friendship but part of me is saying that she just wants a nice guy to be there to kiss her ass, she doesnt treat me like how a real friend would (mostly in terms of her POOR communication with me, which is what started the talk initially). I refuse to ebe that guy for her, whether or not she realizes what shes doing. That being said, Im yet to speak to her again about all this

So second lesson learnt Never put people on a pedestal, call a spade a spade, seriously

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ManicMojo said:
No, and yes. :oblivious:
I know I can't control you but I personally can't support that. I mean if she leaves you still gotta have that self worth you know?

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Secrecy said:
I know I can't control you but I personally can't support that. I mean if she leaves you still gotta have that self worth you know?
If she leaves me, I'll recover. :work:
But not even thinking about that, during a relationship I'd give my all  :dno:

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ManicMojo said:
If she leaves me, I'll recover. :work:
But not even thinking about that, during a relationship I'd give my all  :dno:
That's how I see it. I mean of course you'll feel bad cuz she means alot to you. And you should def give your all in the relationship. I'm just so disgusted by people who act like it's the end of the world when they get rejected by someone. Or people who always need a gf/BF to keep them happy

·
Registered
23,702 Posts
Damn, this is so fucking true... Wish I could really apply this to me.. Imma keep it in mind and see what I can do.
To the OP :golfclap: .

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Secrecy said:
That's how I see it. I mean of course you'll feel bad cuz she means alot to you. And you should def give your all in the relationship. I'm just so disgusted by people who act like it's the end of the world when they get rejected by someone. Or people who always need a gf/BF to keep them happy
lol ofcourse, it's part of growin up I guess.
My 1st relationship lasted 2 years, long story short, bitch turned into a hoe, so I was more than happy to dump her,  but at some points it did feel really shitty, or "Like the world was gonna' end"
Anyway, single life was fun. Then I got bored of being single. I felt like I needed a gf, 'cause having someone to connect with like that is great.
My current gf is much better than the last. As in personality is 10/10. Stable relationship :work:

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ManicMojo said:
lol ofcourse, it's part of growin up I guess.
My 1st relationship lasted 2 years, long story short, bitch turned into a hoe, so I was more than happy to dump her,  but at some points it did feel really shitty, or "Like the world was gonna' end"
Anyway, single life was fun. Then I got bored of being single. I felt like I needed a gf, 'cause having someone to connect with like that is great.
My current gf is much better than the last. As in personality is 10/10. Stable relationship :work:
Find one of those girls for me. I think I'm ready to be in a mature relationship now. I've learned alot and grown alot over the last few years. That's why this means so much to me. Cuz I was once the guy who NEEDED a girl to be happy, and I lost dear friendships because if it. Until you realize it's not worth it if that's how you plan to get it

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Secrecy said:
Find one of those girls for me. I think I'm ready to be in a mature relationship now. I've learned alot and grown alot over the last few years. That's why this means so much to me. Cuz I was once the guy who NEEDED a girl to be happy, and I lost dear friendships because if it. Until you realize it's not worth it if that's how you plan to get it
You gotta' go through a lot of girls to find the cool ones. Or if you're lucky, you'll get them sooner than later. :slick:

It may have not been worth it before, I understand. But as you get older I think it's more worth it.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ManicMojo said:
It may have not been worth it before, I understand. But as you get older I think it's more worth it.
When I say bit worth it, I mean it's not worth losing friends and your happiness just for the sake of having a gf

1 - 20 of 74 Posts