Kanye to The banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New doc on Netflix by Michael Moore.

Starts off by stating that Park Ave in Manhattan has the highest concentration of billionaires in the world but a 10 minute taxi drive to Park Ave in the Bronx gets you to Americas poorest congressional district.

Cool points

- Most wealthy 400 people in the U.S own 1/2 the countries wealth
- USA has the lowest mobility of any developed nation (financial ability to turn less money into more money)
- In the last 3 elections, almost all candidates have vowed to remove the carried interest loophole in tax codes ( basically if you manage an investment (hedge fund/private equity) you usually put down 5% of the initial investment. This 5% can be taxed at 35% but investment managers are allowed to take back up to 30% of profits after the initial investment. This is only taxed at 15%.
- The rich funnel money into politicians in order to shape legislature that loosens regulations and taxes, this results in higher profits, which results in more money going back into politics

scuss

·
Banned
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No1Elseisdointhis said:
House of cards is a cooler representation then this.
House of Cards is not a representation of this. I love that show but it's not about inequality, it's about how house members interact with each other.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
HalfBlackKid said:
thanks for the link, and funny.
real talk expense of living there isn't even that much but you have to be approved by like everyone that already lives there to get in i think. These ****** want all your financial info, investments, assets, etc and you bet your ass they hiring private investigators to make sure nothing sus about you
Dad works for Schwarzman though so if an opening ever comes up that might help :hah:

·
Banned
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jamie Dimon said:
real talk expense of living there isn't even that much but you have to be approved by like everyone that already lives there to get in i think. These ****** want all your financial info, investments, assets, etc and you bet your ass they hiring private investigators to make sure nothing sus about you
Dad works for Schwarzman though so if an opening ever comes up that might help :hah:
As far as the building goes I thought it was cool how the dominant economical sector practically owned the building

-Built buy oil
-Traded hands to steel
-Traded hands to Auto
-Traded hands to Finance

So much money, it's ridiculous that these people will die with billions while a mom down the street struggles to buy pampers. I'm not in favor of handouts but the American Dream is dead and certain people are fucked in the ass right from birth.

G

·
Had this bookmarked to watch later. Just finished and found it interesting. Others should look into it when they get a chance.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Saw the words "michael moore, wealth, and documentary" and yea I'll pass.

No time for limo liberals "exposing" the truth.

No thanks, Jeff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts