Kanye to The banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
I've heard so much conflicting info about this album, I don't even know.

In his XXL magazine interview, he says: [he's not naive to think his label won't meddle] "oh no, it's like chess. I lost those pieces and now, by the nature of the game, you will lose these two, three pieces... They already want to do it."

Going by that and everything else I've heard, I think Lupe has enough control for the album to not be like Lasers at all, but still expect some Atlantic-influenced tracks.

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
Newlopw said:
It's possible to turn an Atlantic track into a classic. :worship:
This.

But yeah, its looking like he has control this time around. Only time will tell though

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
it's naive to think that atlantic won't influence the album.

BUT. lasers has shown them that lupe has a strong fanbase, and is able to sell HIS music. so they'll be much more lenient this time around.

·
Registered
24,512 Posts
Graduation said:
BUT. lasers has shown them that lupe has a strong fanbase, and is able to sell HIS music. so they'll be much more lenient this time around.
No they won't. TSGO was an Atlantic single. Out Of My Head was one of his poppiest sounding songs to date. The one song he tried pushing as a single that was his was Words I Never Said and that didn't do anything. If anything Atlantic is gonna press him more for a pop single.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Let's put it this way, the FL2 that is coming out will never be as good as FL2 being dealt through someone else.
So in a way we'll never know, the fact that he's still under atlantic means their still gonna fuck shit up, just not as much, but in the end we won't get a 100 percent Lupe project.

·
Registered
24,512 Posts
ManicMojo said:
Let's put it this way, the FL2 that is coming out will never be as good as FL2 being dealt through someone else.
So in a way we'll never know, the fact that he's still under atlantic means their still gonna fuck shit up, just not as much, but in the end we won't get a 100 percent Lupe project.
Unless he decides to release OG albums as mixtapes (which he probably never will)

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
TBM said:
Unless he decides to release OG albums as mixtapes (which he probably never will)
probably won't. Anyway it's like Lupe's fucked him self over this time. Don't see why he didn't leave Atlantic if he really did care as much as he makes it seem.

·
Registered
24,512 Posts
ManicMojo said:
probably won't. Anyway it's like Lupe's fucked him self over this time. Don't see why he didn't leave Atlantic if he really did care as much as he makes it seem.
Well he can't just straight up leave because he has to fufill a certain number of records before his contract is up but yeah the whole Atlantic made me make this album thing was kind of fishy to me tbh

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
TBM said:
Well he can't just straight up leave because he has to fufill a certain number of records before his contract is up but yeah the whole Atlantic made me make this album thing was kind of fishy to me tbh
True, but the suicidal songs about Atlantic giving away hits and shit is like, okay, then leave...?
And for the most part, when he performs Laser songs live, he seems genuinely happy. So eh, kinda fishy to me too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts