Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gonna post some pages later.  not today tho.  i'm trying to write the best gangster movie oat.

·
Registered
28,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
been doing too much else as of late, lowkey avoiding finishing the last act & i can't figure out y

·
Registered
28,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rewriting.  it's not about a black boy anymore.  now there are technically three leads: the boy, his best friend, a latina, & the boy's dad.  the film starts in LA around '73-'74, shortly after the boy's birth, and ends in LA in '95, a while after his death. in between, we visit Chicago in the 60s & Oakland in the 70s, telling the story of the father & how he ends up in Los Angeles.  the center of it focuses on the boy & his friend from 4th grade all the way thru college (might stop at 12th grade, dunno).  now, the boy dies before it ends, so once that happens, the story changes focus a third time to just the girl picking up all the pieces left behind from the last 20 years of war. 

·
Registered
28,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
low key just a love letter to all the women in my life set in the filthiest, most magical place i've ever known

·
Registered
28,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hadn't really thot about it, but friday is a huuuge inspiration behind this 😯

that's basically how i want it to look, but cooler in temperature, and with wider lenses

as opposed to

·
Registered
28,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
also thinking like light blues & grays & golds for the chicago scenes.  something like mann's thief, but lit for black people

1 - 20 of 33 Posts