Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's such a shame that in todays world that the death of one single musician that died from complications cause by herself (it's reported that Amy Winehouse didn't die from drugs but from a massive seizure brought on by what drugs had done to her nervous system. She had quit the hard drugs but drinking would set off seizures and even though doctors strictly advised her to not drink she still did. Eventually causing the massive seizure that led to her passing) than the tragedy that happened in Oslo, Norway where a terrorist and nationalist extremist killed 91 innocent people. People like Perez Hilton writing a large amount of posts about Amy Winehouse dying and paying a minimal amount of attention to the massacre that happened in Norway. It's sad to even think about.

·
Premium Member
52,731 Posts
The fact that you're paying more attention TO Perez Hilton INSTEAD of news/websites that actually matter, THAT'S the problem.

·
Registered
63,266 Posts
why would you want perez hilton to mention the attacks. if anything him reporting on the incident could be a potential catastrophe.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
sunny said:
Reading his book it almost seems as if the whole attack occurred becuase he couldn't get 3 million euro's to fund publishing costs and saw this is the best route of 'marketing'. I feel sick. The fact that he was able to articulate his thoughts and lived a normal life (with friends and be was close to his mother) blows my mind.

I find this chilling. Play this:

Clint Mansell - Lux Aeterna
[youtube=220,25]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLpJtvzlEI[/youtube]

Then read this:
"I can't possibly imagine how my state of mind will be during the time of the operation, though. It will be during a steroid cycle and on top of that; during an ephedrine rush, which will increase my aggressiveness, physical performance and mental focus with at least 50-60% but possibly up to 100%. In addition, I will put my iPod on max volume as a tool to suppress fear if needed. I might just put Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell on repeat as it is an incredibly powerful song. The combination of these factors (when added on top of intense training, simulation, superior armour and weaponry) basically turns you into an extremely focused and deadly force, a one-man-army. At the moment, I do not fear death, but I am very concerned about being afraid on the day of the mission. I'm afraid that the potential fear I might experience during the mission will paralyze me or will result in me "crapping my pants" so to speak. Theoretically, this will not happen, as I have grown to be extremely mentally disciplined and I have undergone numerous hours of training and simulations. Nevertheless, it is impossible to properly simulate a martyrdom operation so I am still somewhat concerned for my mental state during that time."

·
Registered
54,436 Posts
The more fycked up bit is people get their news for perez hilton and not the proper news channels.

·
Registered
13,413 Posts
Lol why are y'all bashing the OP for his news source? thats not what the thread is about but I agree the world is fucked.

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
you're mad that a celebrity gossip wrote about celebrity gossip as opposed to international current events?

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
NickyEyes said:
you're mad that a celebrity gossip wrote about celebrity gossip as opposed to international current events?
thats not the main point OP was making. just an example. a bad example, yes, but still.

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
JCM said:
thats not the main point OP was making. just an example. a bad example, yes, but still.
Then I'm lost, because all I see is stuff about Norway, and Winehouse isn't getting much attention at all outside of TMZ type shows, etc.

I just clicked on CNN.com and norway is the main cover story. if you scroll down the left hand side. there's one line about Amy Winehouse. It's like the 5th story under other news.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
That's exactly the problem with people today.
They're so far removed from the real world.
They're only concerned with what comes through their favorite channel on the tube, Justin Beibers new hair cut, who that Kardashian chick is banging, or what their favorite musician had for dinner last night...

World news, local news, world politics, local politics?
The vast majority of the population couldn't care less.
They don't care so their definitely not going to seek this information.

It's sad really.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts