Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets be honest, the beat was kinda weak.  I think Ye had the right idea using that sample, but if he would have had Lex add some of his trademark drums to it and that classic Lex Luger Watermark at the beginning, this shit would be a straight banger and would have people shittin rainbows in anticipation for this album.

Anybody else agree?  Do you think Lex Luger + Ye production = a superior Otis?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Honestly, the song is not about the beat. it's supposed to be simple. our focus should be on Yeezy and Hov flowing over the sample as if Otis Redding is alive singing backup for them. too many drums would've made it overproduced.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
King DCAPP said:
Lets be honest, the beat was kinda weak.  I think Ye had the right idea using that sample, but if he would have had Lex add some of his trademark drums to it and that classic Lex Luger Watermark at the beginning, this shit would be a straight banger and would have people shittin rainbows in anticipation for this album.

Disagree, the pace of the drums is like the Swizz part of POWER Remix, (Beat space beat space beat-beat space) so I don't see Lex's usual drums fitting in well on this one, plus the very stripped down old fashioned style on this track is almost opposite to everything he's made thus far.

Maybe some added drums might work, but It would have to be vastly different from Lex Luger's usual style IMO.

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
King DCAPP said:

You fucking kidding me? :facepalm: Otis's beat is lightyears ahead of that god-awful HAM beat. Lex Luger is a terrible producer.

·
Registered
35,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OSS said:
You fucking kidding me? :facepalm: Otis's beat is lightyears ahead of that god-awful HAM beat. Lex Luger is a terrible producer.
HAM isn't the only beat Lex Luger has made.  Grove St Party is lightyears ahead of Otis tbh.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts