Kanye to The banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
He was a good guy and will be missed.  I did not agree with him but i did respect him.  When he did his God is not great tour he debated with all the christians and was willing to come out and talk to them.  Given that people like Dawkins run away from challenges to his work it was nice to have an Atheist who actually liked to discuss the stuff. 

One of my favorite things I'll remember was a video of him in the back of a car with a christian and he says that if there was only one theist left on earth he wouldn't want him gone.  Its a great video, here's the quote

And then at one point - I think this is not on camera - I said if I could convert everyone in the world - not convert, convince - if I could convince everyone in the world to be a non-believer, and I'd really done brilliantly, and there's only one [believer] left - one more, and then it'd be done: there'd be no more religion in the world, no more deism, theism, I wouldn't do it. And Dawkins says, 'What do you mean, you wouldn't do it?' I said, 'I don't quite know why I wouldn't do it.' And it's not just because there'd be nothing left to argue with and no one left to argue with. It's not just that. Though it would be that. Somehow, if I could drive it out of the world, I wouldn't. And the incredulity with which he [Dawkins] looked at me stays with me still. I've got to say.

just shows what kind of person he was

1 - 7 of 7 Posts