Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really thinking of opening a consignment store in Melbourne , there isn't any so far and Melbourne is full of hypebeast which are ready to drop cash , I have a person who is willing to invest but I'm wondering if I could really make bank off that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,390 Posts
Nikinikolov12 said:
its not really a consignment store , it's mainly luxury shoes , I wanna open a shop basically like flight club
try it out homie. try e-commerce too. you can definitely do something crazy profitable with a store if theres a market
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Dont really need to much investment just people to trust you to sell their sneakers for them consignment stores usually give the money to the person when the item is actually sold
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,582 Posts
Tbh just act like you're opening a consignment shop and take everyone's shoes and move to america and sell them at Flight Club
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3dColor said:
Dont really need to much investment just people to trust you to sell their sneakers for them consignment stores usually give the money to the person when the item is actually sold
its not cheap to hire a the space I need for the shop in the city, Melbourne has no consignment store and no stores that carry supreme or bape , peopl here will pay rape without a problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Nikinikolov12 said:
its not cheap to hire a the space I need for the shop in the city, Melbourne has no consignment store and no stores that carry supreme or bape , peopl here will pay rape without a problem
You could open it anywhere I've seen a consignment store in a shitty mall it's all about marketing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sir Kanye of West said:
Oversaturated market

Do your research in depth before making a plunge.
of course , that might be the case in the US, but down here it's quite different so that's why I'm the thinking of doing it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,267 Posts
Nikinikolov12 said:
of course , that might be the case in the US, but down here it's quite different so that's why I'm the thinking of doing it
What can't your customers just go on Ebay and buy the sneakers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sir Kanye of West said:
What can't your customers just go on Ebay and buy the sneakers?
because people don't know if the sneakers are legit or not , everyone loves buying things from shops especially rich people, the shop I'm thinking of opening is mainly for wealthy people who are not looking for steals
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KanyeWesticle said:
if there's none like it in your area, good investment but it's really a hit or miss. you need sneakers first so get some people that will be willing to consign (if that's the word) their sneakers before you start anything
there isn't any in the whole city , it's only an idea still
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,692 Posts
Sir Kanye of West said:
What can't your customers just go on Ebay and buy the sneakers?
most people don't ship to Australia.

Nikinikolov12 said:
there isn't any in the whole city , it's only an idea still
good luck man, I hope you do good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,650 Posts
do you know how many sneaker consignment stores there are in NYC?

answer -> a lot

do a little research into the stories behind stores (other than flightclub) in a city similar to melbourne. It's big business believe it or not. And if there is no competition, then you're in luck.

1 thing to focus on. Consignment stores like flightclub only deal with NEW shoes, many other shops accept new and used shoes at a discount (really good business model, both have their own pros & cons). I've thought about this so many times already.

Good luck, reach out to me if you wanna discuss anything because like I said me and my homies have discussed this so many times already. Living in New York the market is fully saturated out here but the ideas aren't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
vcanfly said:
do you know how many sneaker consignment stores there are in NYC?

answer -> a lot

do a little research into the stories behind stores (other than flightclub) in a city similar to melbourne. It's big business believe it or not. And if there is no competition, then you're in luck.

1 thing to focus on. Consignment stores like flightclub only deal with NEW shoes, many other shops accept new and used shoes at a discount (really good business model, both have their own pros & cons). I've thought about this so many times already.

Good luck, reach out to me if you wanna discuss anything because like I said me and my homies have discussed this so many times already. Living in New York the market is fully saturated out here but the ideas aren't.
im on my way to work atm but I'll message you later , Melbourne literally has no shops like that , we also have no shops that carry apparel like supreme and bape , I have a connect in Japan which can supply bape and supreme so that's another good thing
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top