Kanye to The banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuck that Auto-Tune 'cos we (autotune voice) onnnnnnnnnnnn

I dont understand this line at all. Is he just taking the piss out of autotune, and if so, what does 'we on' mean.

Sorry for Noobishness...

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just thought there was another reason he said it. It does sound pretty epic though tbh.

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Think it was a reference to the track Put On, was the 1st one Kanye did in autotune and he says onnn like that in the track. I dunno just that's what I always thought it meant.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
ant-sw6 said:
Think it was a reference to the track Put On, was the 1st one Kanye did in autotune and he says onnn like that in the track. I dunno just that's what I always thought it meant.
i thought the same thing

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
The use of Auto-Tune on singers' and rappers' vocals was inescapable when this album came out. Jay addressed this situation in depth on “D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)”.

In a clever bit of self-reference, Auto-Tune is actually put on the vocals here when Jay says the word “on”. Hov had used this trick before in the "Put On [Remix]", when he let his vocals be given the T-Pain treatment for a fleeting moment to highlight his overwhelming hatred of the device.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
The use of Auto-Tune on singers' and rappers' vocals was inescapable when this album came out. Jay addressed this situation in depth on “D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)”.

In a clever bit of self-reference, Auto-Tune is actually put on the vocals here when Jay says the word “on”. Hov had used this trick before in the "Put On [Remix]", when he let his vocals be given the T-Pain treatment for a fleeting moment to highlight his overwhelming hatred of the device.
Some say it's a response to Jim Jones though... 

1 - 15 of 15 Posts