Kanye to The banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
An employee quitting is a well thought-out intention that they plan on for a while in advance.

An employee being fired is usually due to a sudden poor choice made by the employee in which the employer no longer wants anything to do with the employee as a result. It's not foreseen

Also when you're older and have a proper full-time job you get severance pay when you're fired

Registered
Jason. said:
An employee quitting is a well thought-out intention that they plan on for a while in advance.

An employee being fired is usually due to a sudden poor choice made by the employee in which the employer no longer wants anything to do with the employee as a result. It's not foreseen

Also when you're older and have a proper full-time job you get severance pay when you're fired

G

Jason. said:

G

Jason. said:

Registered
Easily the most idiotic meme I've seen in my life.

First off, giving 2 weeks notice depends on your job. MANY jobs don't require 2 weeks notice, and they differentiate based on the company or even manager.

WHY you SHOULD give 2 weeks notice is to ensure you receive all of the benefits promised in your job outline upon termination of your employment. This could include vacation pay out, extra hours worked, and any quarterly bonuses you are entitled to. Also it's PROFESSIONAL.

Nothing says I'm a train wreck who has no career anywhere then hanging up your hairnet one fine day out of the blue, and telling your boss ciao, all the while your coworkers who called you their friends are left with the workload. A real coward thing to do TBH. And if it's a small business or one man show, when companies call for references, during their convo they MIGHT let slip the fact that you never gave 2 weeks and that's UNPROFESSIONAL (it shows you dgaf and are a certified dickhead)

As for companies firing you on the spot, yes. They are legally entitled to terminate your employment CONTRACT (yes, because going to work is a contract between you & the company) IF you do not fulfill your end of the bargain.

Ex) I, Dickhead 123, understand if these terms should not be met, my employment may be terminated without warning.

Companies give warnings as gestures for you to tighten to up your performance, not as strikes or chances. :dahell:

Obviously no one on KTT has the attention span to read that so..

TL;DR:

Yes a company can fire you when needed, it's their business and your obligation to satisfy their needs, if you perform poorly, that's reason enough. If you are laid off, that's a different story. The reason you give 2 weeks (at some places) is to ensure you have a positive reference and to make sure there is a smooth transition for you to your new job and your company to find a new client.

Registered
Jason. said:

Basically :dead: fk
You used to work for human resources too fam? :jordanok:

Banned
Discussion Starter #9
alphabear said:
Easily the most idiotic meme I've seen in my life.

First off, giving 2 weeks notice depends on your job. MANY jobs don't require 2 weeks notice, and they differentiate based on the company or even manager.

WHY you SHOULD give 2 weeks notice is to ensure you receive all of the benefits promised in your job outline upon termination of your employment. This could include vacation pay out, extra hours worked, and any quarterly bonuses you are entitled to. Also it's PROFESSIONAL.

Nothing says I'm a train wreck who has no career anywhere then hanging up your hairnet one fine day out of the blue, and telling your boss ciao, all the while your coworkers who called you their friends are left with the workload. A real coward thing to do TBH. And if it's a small business or one man show, when companies call for references, during their convo they MIGHT let slip the fact that you never gave 2 weeks and that's UNPROFESSIONAL (it shows you dgaf and are a certified dickhead)

As for companies firing you on the spot, yes. They are legally entitled to terminate your employment CONTRACT (yes, because going to work is a contract between you & the company) IF you do not fulfill your end of the bargain.

Ex) I, Dickhead 123, understand if these terms should not be met, my employment may be terminated without warning.

Companies give warnings as gestures for you to tighten to up your performance, not as strikes or chances. :dahell:

Obviously no one on KTT has the attention span to read that so..

TL;DR:

Yes a company can fire you when needed, it's their business and your obligation to satisfy their needs, if you perform poorly, that's reason enough. If you are laid off, that's a different story. The reason you give 2 weeks (at some places) is to ensure you have a positive reference and to make sure there is a smooth transition for you to your new job and your company to find a new client.
:binowhat:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts