Kanye to The banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a L.A. Times  report, a source at West's label, Island Def Jam, said that Kanye was being persuaded to change the artwork so places like Wal-Mart and Best Buy would sell it but, "was told if he wanted to do it, the label would stand behind him."

So, Kanye wants to make art right? His own fans say that he "doesn't make rap beats anymore, he makes art".
But what makes an artist unique is that he doesn't care about album sales and go own with his idea against everything and everyone. Right?
So why the hell, instead of crying on twitter (don't get mad at this expression lol), he doesn't defend his own idea and say "hey Def Jam, i don't fucking care if the album will be banned on USA. Just release it, that's my idea, that's what i love to do, i will not change".

Some may argue "but most of his fans will not be able to buy his albums on USA, and Kanye's fanbase is on USA". What about internet bro? the same internet you complain you can use to sell albums. Not to mention other stores will sell the album. NOT TO MENTION Wal-Mart and Best Buy would lose lots of money for not putting Kanye's album to sell.

I will respect Kanye more and consider him a true artist if he goes with the "fuck it i will do it" mentality and release this album with this cover he calls art.
If he decide to change it, it's a clear proof that he cares more for that $$$$$ "James Cameron's Avatar milkage" $$$$$ than his own work

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
The81Slouch said:
I will respect Kanye more and consider him a true artist if he goes with the "fuck it i will do it" mentality and release this album with this cover he calls art.
Completely agree 100%. He said so himself that he wants to sell records but not at the expense of his creativity. Well, here you go. lol such a bawse move and a big statement if he goes through with this. I think he will.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I feel like stans are too invested in this...I have a marketing minor and his conveniently timed Taylor Swift apology, free acapella raps at facebook and twitter, long q&a sessions, and his new found love for twitter is just a way to market his album. Look how much press he's receiving over an ALBUM COVER!! How many times did he tweet about how he couldn't decide the name of the album until he finally tweeted that the album " was always MBDTF". These tweets purpose are to keep you stuck in anticipation and on a string.  People started complaining about the wait for a tracklist so he drops the cover art controversy to keep you distracted. Kanye IS where he IS today not b/c he makes unique music but because he's an amazing and shrewd business man and surrounded by an adept marketing team and strategy( free music on fridays and a free movie??) He got himself back into a bit of public good grace with his apology, twitter, and runaway performances...so he just simply he feels he has enough clout to absorb some bad press w/o hurting his name in order to market his album. BTW do you think he just decided to lengthen all his songs now..no he probably had a concept in his head months ago about the length of his songs and those "leaked" songs out there might be purposefully leaked considering the lack of action against YAF.com

People aren't as self-righteous as you think...that cover is hideous enough that it wouldn't put on shelves and has enough questionable racial undertones that it would stir up questionable looks...He knew it was going to be rejected. He's a business man.

·
Registered
25,423 Posts
The81Slouch said:
:h5:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts