Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I'm on the plantation, guns blazin' like Django
I know, you heard it all a million times, huh?
The feelin' gone, now all you hear is rhymes, huh?"

"They scared of Jay Elec yeah and they know why
Cause I might turn the Roc into the NOI"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Islam
read up on it if you don't know about it, because it is pretty fucked

be honest with yourselves, nation of islam is not some "misunderstood" group for helping the downtrodden. Malcolm X left those nuts for a reason. and he got killed for it.

One of their main beliefs:
Yakub (sometimes spelled Yacub or Yakob) is, according to the Nation of Islam (NOI), a black scientist who lived "6,600 years ago" and was responsible for creating the white race to be a "race of devils". He is said to have done this through a form of selective breeding referred to as "grafting", while living on the island of Patmos.

FFS they study dianetics, which is what scientologists study :what:

if you follow jay electronica like I do you know what i'm talking about. it's not just this song, his entire career is built around the teachings of the nation of islam. and the nation of islam is undoubtedly a hate group

so what's the deal? is jay electronica actually a militant black supremacist? are you watching closely???

you can sum this whole post up with "****** shook" if you wanted to

would like to actually discuss it though
:work:

·
Registered
15,714 Posts
Jay learning about the NOI was a major turning point in his life, where beforehand he was doing drugs. The NOI gave his life direction at a time when he didn't exactly have a home.

·
Registered
21,155 Posts
Bangs Stan said:
Jay learning about the NOI was a major turning point in his life, where beforehand he was doing drugs. The NOI gave his life direction at a time when he didn't exactly have a home.
Can the NOI give him directions to the studio?

·
Banned
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bangs Stan said:
Kid Rock learning about the KKK was a major turning point in his life, where beforehand he was doing drugs. The KKK gave his life direction at a time when he didn't exactly have a home.

cmon being homeless is no excuse for joining a cult based on hating a different race

·
Registered
15,129 Posts
i agree nation of islam is pretty problematic at times

but the only thing jay e doing to advance their narrative/his career is throwing shade at kendrick on periscope so i wouldn't be too worried about dude starting the race war anytime soon

·
Registered
38,442 Posts
Yeah I mean I like the music so thats all I really care about...NOI is crazy and that's been known, it is kinda sad a man as smart as Jay buys into that stuff so much.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts