Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
36,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
50fridge said:
I am definitely in.
Singapore in general goat example of globalized capitalism. Ranking high af. In their schools kids know from the beginning that they have to aim for a service sector job cause it's that competitive. Nobody is kidding themselves there that manufacturing or industrial jobs are the future. Especially since those are jobs left for the poor neighbor countries.
http://www.heritage.org/index/country/singapore
Unemployment: 3%
:whew:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,725 Posts
Emu said:
Singapore in general goat example of globalized capitalism. Ranking high af. In their schools kids know from the beginning that they have to aim for a service sector job cause it's that competitive. Nobody is kidding themselves there that manufacturing or industrial jobs are the future. Especially since those are jobs left for the poor neighbor countries.
http://www.heritage.org/index/country/singapore
Unemployment: 3%
:whew:
I really want to visit Singapore at some point. Kind of crazy it went from an extremely poor country to a wealthy one in a few decades.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,443 Posts
Drillary Clinton said:
first of all capitalism
second of all the fact that this thread exists when theres already a capitalism thread
What's so funny about capitalism? The last thread was over 2 years ago and bumping it would probably be against the rules so... :mm:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
36,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
eatbooty said:
What's so funny about capitalism? The last thread was over 2 years ago and bumping it would probably be against the rules so... :mm:
This. I didn't want to bump a 2 year old thread. :ohno:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
36,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FE said:
Looks no different than poverty stricken areas in capitalistic countries.
Many of those are so poor because their governments make it hard to do business tho. Don't you think?
:khaled:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40,335 Posts
Emu said:
Many of those are so poor because their governments make it hard to do business tho. Don't you think?
:khaled:
I agree. I'm not advocating for socialism.

But capitalism without it's checks and balances is a disgusting thing.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
36,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hong Kong. Highest tax rate is 10% and that's considered bad over there.
:whew:
Place is pure capitalism. You can literally get whatever you want. You go to a store say you want a watch that looks like this and this, come back the next day they have it.
:hhh:

I do believe in government but I mean if you have the most developed and most deregulated places with under 5% unemployment you do ask yourself... If we could put unemployment at 3% like they do, there would be far far less need for social programs in the first place. You gotta wonder how they manage to run their whole system when the highest income tax rate is 10% and sales tax and such are virtually nonexistent... How do they do that and can a country far bigger emulate that?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
36,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FE said:
I agree. I'm not advocating for socialism.

But capitalism without it's checks and balances is a disgusting thing.
:hhh:
What's the craziest shit is where it took us. From the Industrial Revolution now the Information Age. Who would have thought we would end up here, running my flat screen TV in the background telling me about global news, my phone is auto-updating apps, while typing this post on my laptop...

The most ironic thing about anti-globalists, left or right is that they use the tools of globalization to get their message across. Freaking ironic.
 
1 - 20 of 163 Posts
Top